Loose Baron Australian Board Track Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day to everybody, I haven't been on here in about 2 years or so but in that time I've built plenty of bikes but this is my most documented and favourite build. I bought the bike from a Chinese bloke for $75. Through the following months it totally transformed into a totally different looking cruiser. Here's how the build started:

I got the bike and immediately washed it and started to figure out how to "change" it, first I tried lowering the head stem but that was knackered and wouldn't budge so after ages it finally came out and then the pulling down began. Once I had the frame pulled apart I started to bare metal it with a wire wheel and a sander:

I then too chopped down the seat tube to a more suitable height and added a chrome seat bracket:

Once it had been fully bare metaled I then cut top tube out of a mountain bike frame and modified it to fit inside the frame to give it a Schwinn/ Monarch style frame, I got this welded in by a friend. Here's how it looked:

This is when I gave it the name the Loose Baron and the build kicked off into full swing. :grin:

At this point the bike the bike was relatively complete and only required a chain.
IMG_20140712_182335.jpg
IMG_20140712_182826.jpg

Latest posts

Back