looking for the year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have this Schwinn 24" DX, serial# is H29058, cant seem to find date for this number, can anyone help please?
111030_130355.jpg

ok, thank's, but mine are on the bottom bracket, as in the pic, not on the dropout, that is what I don't understand :?

True maybe it was rolled over when they changed the location of the number in 52 i beleive? or else they left a digit out on yours :? my bad sorry I overlooked that :?

It is probably a pre-48. There was a fire in the Schwinn factory on August 18, 1948 and all the records before that were lost. Typically folks look to the date cast into the crank to date the pre-48 bikes. If you don't have the original crank you can check some of the other parts. Schwinn was good about dating their parts. If you don't have any of the parts several of the members have compiled a list that may help.

If they left off the first zero, it's Jan 16, 1951. Maybe the crank was made in 1950 and it wasn't used until they put that bike together.

Latest posts

Back