• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a Dyno stretch Roadster Set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone,
I need your help! I have Dyno stretch Roadster and yesterday while out on a ride, one of the seat springs gave way! :(
I'm looking for another Dyno seat. So I can keep all the original parts. Dose anyone know were to find one or has one they are willing to part with?

Thanks for your help!

Fred

IDK What gave way on your seat. Had the plastic seat pan crack above the seat spring on one it went crooked. Just unbolted everything and put a piece of heavy sheet steel between the top of the springs and the seat pan.

20170814_193958_Film1.jpg

Convo started.

As you can see, not the best pict., The spring came out of the bracket on the left side. The saddle itself is fine, just the spring droped out of the bottom bracket.

I agree with aceuh, I have had to twist the spring back up into the spring assembly and level the seat out before as well. You should be able to fix it. I have 4 or 5 of these saddles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with aceuh, I have had to twist the spring back up into the spring assembly and level the seat out before as well. You should be able to fix it. I have 4 or 5 of these saddles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cool! I never thought of twisting the spring back up into place. I"ll give it a go! Let you know if it works or not, then take it from there.

The coils should be wound in opposite directions. So there is a left spring and a right spring with matching receivers in the arch that they turn into. Loosen the nuts on both springs and rotate the springs for even tension, then tighten the nuts.

That is what I did. Spun the spring until it was tight and re tighten the net. Perfect! Thanks for all the help!

I believe that all G.T. Dyno Kustom Kruiser saddle/seats were made by Velo. The older seats with the web springs may have had shorter springs, like 3.5" for a cool look. Later ~2004 bikes had seats without web springs, and longer 4" main springs. I believe that they were all left hand springs, but not sure.
I have seen the 4" springs come up all the time, about $40 per pair.
I would just look for a used seat with better chrome than vinyl (e.g., Electra?) and swap the parts.
I noticed that the design of these seats seems to be a bit off. The distance between the holes for the studs often does not appear to be the same as the spacing between the large holes in the steel undercarriage support. Maybe it is the springs that are not wide enough. Too much wiggle room.

I believe that they were all left hand springs, but not sure
Okay, checked my bike seats.
1) I have a "comfort" Dyno seat like the 1st picture, both springs are same; I believe they call them left handed(?).
2) I have a "pleated" Dyno seat like the 2nd picture, and others un-pleated or ghost flames, all with right and left handed springs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back