long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-17 custom headbadge/fender thing)

im very tempted to use it as a headbadge, when i get home on monday, ill post a pic of the original headbadge - then ill take a poll!

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-17 custom headbadge/fender thing)

im back from camping!

fish.jpg

i told him that smoking stunts growth, but he didnt listen, so i ate him...

when i got home paula and i went to the hobby store and found some cool sparkle foam sticky paper stuff that i thought would be perfect to make some mud flaps..

gold-1.jpg

gold, black and silver of course

the plan is gold with a black outline and a special shape in the middle..

so i used the pink to do a practice run

photo-2.jpg

then i clear coated it

as.jpg

it got a little darker and a bit more brittle, but the real deal will be a bit more intricate.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-24 custom mud flap concepts)

rearend.jpg

finished the mud flap... not a fan... it looks more like a craft and not a real piece... scrapped!

i also put the headbadge on

headbadge.jpg

dont worry, the lobster resin thing will be used, ive got something up my sleeve

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-25 headbadge and no mud flap)

what a lot of work! who would have thought this would have been such an ordeal - took it over to a friends shop, its always good to have a helping hand.

decided that i needed to step up my game and install the skirts already!

first step... fix broken chain guard..
building.jpg

we thought that the drive side skirt was going to be hard, but a few snips and it snugged right in there, like it was meant to be. i was too excited to take pictures while we were working. but we got them on!

buick.jpg

the celeb...
tucker.jpg

got an original decal too...
DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

as you can see, these need to come off again and have the backs of them painted... shoulda thunk of that earlier... oh well. but i couldent be happier about how it turned out. i think it really brings the bike together.

away i go.....weeeeeeee
weeee.jpg

ill take better pictures tomorrow... and i still have to install the hubcaps..

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-27 skirts and chain guard ON)

awesome!! 8)

heres a close up on the drivers side.. to show how we got the skirt guard to fit over the chain guard.

closeupcut.jpg

and... i adjusted the seat, and shined up the tires so its a little more comfy to ride..

adjust.jpg

the seating position feels much, much better, i was starting to feel like this:

twins2.jpg

but in all seriousness, i kinda wanted to show off how cool the rack is and also, not be leaning backwards off the thing to ride it.

sometime during the week, i plan on getting the headlight to work..... i also cut out a few patterns for a tail light using a spare 58 cadillac lens. :wink:

also, i want say thanks for all the encouragement and good wishes. im building this bike for myself, and im glad people enjoy it. thanks again

Are them fat cowboys riding old rupps? looks just like my old rupp from behind :lol: :lol: EVEN With me on it. :roll: ..... neways.

AWESOME Bike man!!!

Awsome bike! I love the final version best of all - everything is just right.

BTW, that's an amazing collection of cars that the bike has been photographed in front of. Any of these yours?

That's an old photo that I often laughed at when I was much younger. It's from the Guinness Book of World Records, those are the worlds fattest twins, or at least were in about 1978.

well, im starting to run out of ideas, i have to have a paint day soon, so in the mean time i have to make some choices..

hubcaps?
capon.jpg

or no hub caps?

capoff.jpg

hmmmm?

now for the request....

anyone have some 26 inch wheel discs that they would like to part with?

Latest posts

Back