long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-25 - more coolness)

KOTA said:
I'm sure I won't be the only one!..........

Exactly!
Do not leave them off because of another builder, but don't mount em because of your friend. Your bike, your choice. It would be a shame not to use the skirts. They seem to be a natural fit. I'm no expert on american bikes but I know it looks like they belong on such a bike. But that's the problem with such a beautiful and unique frame. There are but a few things you can do to REALLY improve the original look of an x53. Mounting these skirts is one of those few things... But I also understand that 'the other x-53 builder' won't be too happy about it if you decide to use the skirts. Maybe it's good for competition's sake between the two of you. ;-) You know: try to build it better than the other...

Main thing is: Build a beautiful bike, and have fun doing it.

Good luck

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-23 - a quick "how to"..ect)

lobsterboyx said:
i feel that if i fix them up, i might be stepping on some feet. i private messaged him and asked first hand and he was all too nice about it. id feel a a bit awkward submitting this bike to a contest where i'd be judged.
Hey Danny if its my toes you are worried about steppin on then by all means stomp away :D
Your bike is looing great and the skirt guards will really add to the 50s lowered look. Do it you know you wanna 8)

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-23 - a quick "how to"..ect)

2manybikes said:
Hey Danny if its my toes you are worried about steppin on then by all means stomp away :D
Your bike is looing great and the skirt guards will really add to the 50s lowered look. Do it you know you wanna 8)

VERY COOL! 8) .................I'm sure both bikes will "shine" in different ways.

Awesome job.Love the mix.I can't wait to see wheels on it. :mrgreen:

gold and silver go on tomorrow!

skirtz.jpg

im thinking all black tires, but whitewalls sound interesting too... a friend offered me a old, weathered set of creme quick bricks.... hmmmmm choices.

this is a very cool bike your building. the colors remind me of one of my favorite sayings....(all Mizzou fans join me here.....) MIZ-FKU!!!! lol

but really this is a sweet bike your building, ive always like the lines and designs of an x53, its probably one of my dream bikes. ill definately be following this build more!

Easy E

chasing skirts... higgins skirts!

halfdoneskirt.jpg

a little bit of spray chrome:

spraychromeskirt.jpg

and a clear coat

moredonefender.jpg

im getting excited!

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-27 - SKIRTS, in my size!?)

Yeah, that's gonna look sweet! Crap, better get to work on my own, I've almost faded to the 3rd page.

Lose the skirts,insert subwoofer. :mrgreen:

Looks great. Nice bike :shock: .

Looking heavy which is good for this build.

i normally bring the bike out and set it up on my work bench (the trash cans) and most of the time, its a lot heavier when bring it down and park it.

i love it!

the woofer is for my wagon, if i can hide it well enough!

looks great! i like it with the skirts, looks like it was supposed to go there! 8)

i head over to my LBS and those .... ........ tricked me in to buying tires...

so after a little blood
thumb.jpg

i have this
beauty.jpg

beauty2.jpg

beauty3.jpg

then i temp bolted the fender up and "lowered it".. temp mock up.

i couldent be happier

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-27 ITS A ROLLER)

that bike is great i am such a sucker for black and gold. nicely done

Latest posts

Back