LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Steamin Weenies)

MplsCoaster said:
In the video, She looked really relaxed on the Schwinn. Very happy for both of you!
Thanks. Yes I told her she looked graceful, like a pro. I need to start gradually raising the seat. In my experience with the seat that low it's hard on the knees.

Today I rode with the folks again in the morning. For lunch I went and got a couple hot dogs/sausages at a new restaurant in town that sells "Steamin Weenies". With my recently installed front basket loaded with wieners, chips and drink I went to the park to eat. After my lunch l went for a ride outside of town. This evening I took #14 out that I recently made changes to and rode the local loop.

P1000674.JPG

P1000690.JPG

P1000741.JPG

P1000770.JPG

I rode to the store yesterday, once I dropped off the groceries at home... I rode the loop. with the route I take I can get in almost 8 miles.

I usually go ride anywhere from 3:30 to 6pm. one of these days were all gonna run into each other on the same day!

Gonna have to try the Steemin Weenie place here soon.

aka_locojoe said:
P1000396.JPG

No deer, turkeys or cows. We did spot this big soft shell turtle.
I just saw this one :lol:

aka_locojoe said:
MplsCoaster said:
In the video, She looked really relaxed on the Schwinn. Very happy for both of you!
Thanks. Yes I told her she looked graceful, like a pro. I need to start gradually raising the seat. In my experience with the seat that low it's hard on the knees.
P1000741.JPG

Totally agree about the positive reinforcement, seat position, and the method for raising it.
Used the seat raising method with several newbies lately.
My FIL is a lttle different becasue now he has to swing his leg over it. The reinforcement is working though.

Incredible picture!!! Looks like some really nice weather lately.

Great video too!! It's so good to see that someone else likes to make an ordinary task into an adventure
Half the fun is sharing :D
Tighten that seat :lol: Were those turkeys or turkey vultures? Couldn't see them very well
Like the way you picked it up a few notches when the dog start heading your way :lol:
Interesting historical area. Thanks for sharing
Steve

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Cracker RIde)

Thanks Steve. I first thought they were turkeys then when I seen several circling above I realized they were vultures. So maybe turkey vultures.

Got lucky with the dogs.In the video where I have my water bottle out it was in anticipation of another dog. Wife had a chunk of her shoe taken out by a dog along this route another time.

The first buildings that appear in video are the post office and a church in another town near to here.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (1 Down Mom's Bucket List)

One of my Mother's motivators to get on a bike again was so she could ride with her Great-Grand-Kids. After practicing a couple times over the past couple weeks yesterday was the day. Mom, Dad, myself and the 3 kids all rode to McDonald's for supper. The ride was pretty uneventful which was a relief and once home we rewarded ourselves with Twinkies.

Video... http://youtu.be/xbN-rfkEzvI

---P1000896.JPG

P1000911.JPG

Randy, Glad to see you did make to Homeland even thou you took a wrong turn to strat your journey.
I alway enjoy these rides though your town and around the bike paths.

Congratulate your Mom for me and Congrats to you too for your help :D
Your Mom looks really happy and I bet the grand kids will never forget that day!

Awesome stuff Randy. love the stunt riding too towards the end :mrgreen:

Ha Ha...following in Uncle Stretch's footsteps I see.

All that was left was for yall to all sit down and watch a Western together....and then take a nap. :lol:

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (we're not in kansas anymore)

Randy,

I love all your updates on this thread... Your mom has more bicycle T-shirts then you! :D

Great bike art in Nebraska, Looking forward to see where you guys ride.

Thanks, Skip

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (we're not in kansas anymore)

I look forward to your bike travels. Are you heading North or West ?

Latest posts

Back