LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A recliner find today and a couple other pics from a ride in the country.

P1280053.JPG

P1280088.JPG

P1280111.JPG

October, thanks. It's a Black snake (seriously not being funny).

Thanks Pookie42.

Oh I forgot. here's a short video that has the snake in it.

From my ride yesterday.
P1280766.JPG

Here's a couple shots while out riding today. The Heavy Duti one of my most comfortable bikes. Today's ride was 28 miles.
P1280886.JPG

P1280898.JPG

There were a couple of couch finds. Here's one.
P1280913.JPG

I also spotted this yard bike.
P1280879.JPG

Last edited:
This thread and MplsCoaster FIL thread are my favorites. I always enjoy the new posting from each of you guys.

Have you tried talking to the owner about attaining the yard art bike? I really like your Schwinn Heavy Duti and red Huffy 7 speed. I've purchased one of those Heavy Duti frame sets from ind-chuckz and I'm looking forward to making a comfortable multi gear cruiser out of it. Eventually I might go BMX cruiser with it.

Keep these posts coming.

This thread and MplsCoaster FIL thread are my favorites. I always enjoy the new posting from each of you guys.

Have you tried talking to the owner about attaining the yard art bike? I really like your Schwinn Heavy Duti and red Huffy 7 speed. I've purchased one of those Heavy Duti frame sets from ind-chuckz and I'm looking forward to making a comfortable multi gear cruiser out of it. Eventually I might go BMX cruiser with it.

Keep these posts coming.

Thanks Nagant I appreciate that.
I too enjoy MplsCoaster FIL thread. Wish I could tell a story like Steve does.
No I've never approached any of the yard bike owners. I just collect the photos :). Have a few here.

I'm itching to do something with the Heavy-duti. I may paint it some day. I too have thought about adding a 7 speed derailleur but can't decide. Right now it has a 2spd kickback which is probably all I need. Also thought about making it more klunkerish.

I've already tore down that Huffy. It was just for some temporary build and ride fun.

Yesterday my Mother and I rode a little.
P1280918.JPG

A wet stormy ride this morning.
P1280976.JPG

Hey Randy, I'm just catching up.
I really enjoy your rides and have been reading your great stories on your own website.

I really like the first picture!!! Had to download into my "permanent collection" :):cool::D
The second one looks like the promise of fun ;)

Very cool that you got out with Nova and your Mom and that it was reasonably warm.
Your geo-couching is cracking me up.
Keep up the good work!!

Steve

Thanks Nagant I appreciate that.
I too enjoy MplsCoaster FIL thread. Wish I could tell a story like Steve does.
No I've never approached any of the yard bike owners. I just collect the photos :). Have a few here.

I'm itching to do something with the Heavy-duti. I may paint it some day. I too have thought about adding a 7 speed derailleur but can't decide. Right now it has a 2spd kickback which is probably all I need. Also thought about making it more klunkerish.

I've already tore down that Huffy. It was just for some temporary build and ride fun.

Yesterday my Mother and I rode a little.
P1280918.JPG

A wet stormy ride this morning.
P1280976.JPG

Steve is really great with words but Randy it's your spectacular pictures that tell volumes of story.

I do read your website now and then but now I see that I need to look at your bicycle pictures galleries more.

I didn't realize you had a 2 speed kickback on the Heavy Duti. I've never owned or ridden one but I want to try one of those hubs someday. For now I plan to use a Worksman heavy duty alloy rear wheel with a Nexus 3 hub. The Shimano 3 speed hubs have worked well for me. Like you I'm on the fence about painting the Heavy Duti. They look good stock but I have the BMX cruiser itch as well.

Any new plans for the Huffy? I really liked how you had it setup as a 7 speed.

I always love your pictures and stories, Randy... I really like your blog too.

Do it! Paint your heavy duti!

I guess I'm in a minority here, but I never really liked the factory paint on the heavy duti.o_O

october

Thanks Nagant, I sold the Huffy at our swap meet today. The derailleur and wheel set I still have and may use on something else.

Thanks October. If I could pull off a paint job as nice as yours I'd do it in a flash. I too am not really fond of the factory colors. I do like not worrying about beating it up though.

Last night we participated in and were one of the garages on the Midwest Bicycle Swap Pre-Swap Garage Ride.
P1290072.JPG

Bad weather today at the swap but still a good time.
P1290152.JPG

On my last ride of 30 Days Of Biking I went to the store for bananas.
P1290351.JPG

On the way home I spotted a fox and her 2 cubs.
P1290380.JPG

Saturday a few of us did a coffee tour.
P1290473.JPG

Yesterday on a group ride.
P1290730.JPG

Today out riding. This is one of a couple photos I took for this month's Bike Ride & Seek challenge.
P1290763.JPG

Made 6 Geocouch scores today. View them all here.
P1290845.JPG

Last edited:
Like the slideshow, like the fox video...

Randy, this is such a great example of all of the things you can see and do while riding a bicycle.
A lot of these things would go unnoticed, otherwise.

Like the slideshow, like the fox video...

Randy, this is such a great example of all of the things you can see and do while riding a bicycle.
A lot of these things would go unnoticed, otherwise.
Exactly... things you don't see when in a car. Thank you.

View from my bike last night.
P1290880.JPG

While riding today I put this sign together from letters laying near-by. This was another one for Bike Ride & Seek.
P1290945.JPG

Latest posts

Back