LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Kansas Star)

aka_locojoe said:
yoothgeye said:
"Dice Dice Baby" ... ugh... that's just obnoxious! haha

Yeah didn't that play out many, many years ago?

Yeah, even the played out jokes played out many many MANY years ago. But, if we hadn't had Vanilla Ice, we wouldn't have Kid Rock... wait, I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Wheat Harvest is one heck of a good photograph!

The trees frame the subjects and the action. They make the photo IMHO.

Great pictures as always. Thanks for sharing.
How many free hot dogs would you have to have eaten to cover it? :lol:

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (18th annual bar tour)

Thanks Jerry.

MplsCoaster said:
Great pictures as always. Thanks for sharing.
How many free hot dogs would you have to have eaten to cover it? :lol:
Enough that I wouldn't have been able to ride home. Plus the wife doesn't eat hotdogs so I'd have to cover her losses too :D

This past Saturday we participated in a friends annual ride. Video... http://youtu.be/SGxMtg9MTHw

Oh also sometime last week I rode with Mom & Pop.
P1010933.JPG

Great video! How did you and your wife like the Pugley (Made in MN)?. They were made mostly for the deep snow up here.
Now were were you again?? :lol: Looks like everyone had a great time!
Great picture of your Mom and Dad. Now you can add geese to the list of critters
Thanks for sharing
Steve

Thanks Steve. The bike was actually a Salsa (I had assumed it was a Surly) and it rode really nice and easy which was surprisingly different than I had expected for those giant tires. Would be a fun bike to have if only...

aka_locojoe said:
Thanks Steve. The bike was actually a Salsa (I had assumed it was a Surly) and it rode really nice and easy which was surprisingly different than I had expected for those giant tires. Would be a fun bike to have if only...

money grew on trees.

money were no object.

you sweated quarters.

you had a dollar for every post I made.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Moms New Bike)

Since Mom started biking a month ago she's been riding our 1969 Schwinn Hollywood. She was doing fine but I knew she'd enjoy it more and be able to ride more places if she had a bike that was lighter weight, with gears and hand brakes. Yesterday her and I went bike shopping and found what I think will be the perfect bike at our LBS. It's a Schwinn Sierra 7 in her favorite color purple. This makes the 2nd bike she's ever owned.

Today, She, Dad and myself went riding and I think she really enjoyed her new bike.

P1020583.JPG

P1020581.JPG

P1020593.JPG

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Moms New Bike)

I found that there seems to be a transition phase with people and bikes.
I think your Mom will be really happy with her new bike.
She color cordinates with her bike like my wife does :D
Your Dad looks great on the burgandy bike and his adventurer's hat too!

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Prairie Sunset with Mom & Pop)

Thanks for the comments guys!
@Steve yes my Mom's liking her new bike. Also my Dad's taking a liking to the burgundy bike. He generally just rides whatever I have easily accessible and lately it's been this one. If you don't know the story behind this bike you can check it out here http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=804

Today we (Mom, Dad and I) rode our local rail-to-trail. Mom's first rail-to-trail and her furthest ride to date. 16.5 miles. Her previous longest ride was 5.

Short video (probably shortest I've made) http://youtu.be/7EiSLDdcSkA

Recently completed covered bridge
P1020831.JPG

The old trail work truck has been vandalized. All the glass knocked out :-(
P1020740.JPG

P1020824.JPG

Mom and Pop
P1020759.JPG

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Fathers Day)

2 questions:

1. What lake/resevoir is that?

2. What was the story your dad was telling your wife?

1 comment:

Your dad runs backwards pretty well or either your mom rides backwards REALLY well.

yoothgeye said:
2 questions:

1. What lake/resevoir is that?
El Dorado Lake is a reservoir in Butler County, Kansas, northeast of El Dorado. El Dorado Reservoir was constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and was completed in June 1981. The lake consists of approximately 8,000 acres (32 km2) of water, 4,500 acres (18 km2) of park lands and 3,500 acres (14 km2) of wildlife area. Management of the reservoir resources has been granted to the Ks. Dept. of Wildlife and Parks.

yoothgeye said:
2. What was the story your dad was telling your wife?
I believe it was something like this.. Years ago Mom was pulling him water skiing and was to sling him up on to the beach. She got to close and he hit the sand going full speed and went tumbling end over end through all the beach goers. He jumped up, grabbed the skis and walked off acting like that's the way he always did it.
I should know the story word for word, I've heard it a million times :wink: . That one and also how Mom sunk someone's boat when she got caught up in ski rope they were dragging.

My Dad's 78 years old and has 10 times the amount of energy I do. He can run forward, backward, one legged, probably on his hands you name it.

DaBigKahuna said:
Joe I'm digging your Videos... what equipment & software are you using?
Thanks.

I've got 2 Youtube channels for all my videos. One for personal bike stuff and other for our bike club
http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyaker
http://www.youtube.com/user/CoastersBC

I use or have used everything pictured below. I now mostly use the Flip and the Panasonic. For editing I use VideoPad.

IMG_0999.JPG

DSCF7612.JPG

Latest posts

Back