LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I've been up to...

My Dad rides on occasion but has always just rode one of our bikes. He asked if I could put something together for him so I did. It's based on a newer Huffy frame which I had been using for my Christmas Cruiser. I gave it a paint job, 7 speeds, a rack and a few other things to make it a good, practical all around bike. Left the chainguard ratty.
P1030787.JPG

P1030769.JPG

I rode with Mom and Dad on our local rail-to-trail. Dad's 80 and Mom 71.
P1030830.JPG

I've made quite a few Geocouch scores since I last posted.
P1040094.JPG

Our club had it's annual 20" night. This was early. Even more showed up. At least 25 20" bikes.
P1040391.JPG

My ride for 20" night.
P1040308.JPG

P1040376.JPG

Checking out my old grade school while on a recent ride.
P1040473.JPG

Wife getting a photo for Bike Ride & Seek.
P1040547.JPG

Free snack on a ride this morning.
P1040597.JPG

Last edited:
My ride for Cargo-Bike Night at the pub pedal last week.
P1040813.JPG

Spent both days of the weekend riding with wife. Garage sale-ing in our town on Saturday.

10347802_10203571056590256_6184304019727376161_n.jpg

P1040852.JPG

Thermometer is a little off. Bought it for an item on Bike Ride & Seek.

P1040832.JPG

Spotted at a garage sale.

Spent Sunday cruising the big city making stops for lunch and beverages.

P1040863.JPG

P1040884.JPG

One of a couple Geocouch scores on Saturday.

P1040864.JPG

Art installment made of bike parts.

P1040946.JPG

One of several Geocouch scores today.

Always look forward to your new posts and I'm really glad to see you out on the Heavy Duti. I remember you mentioning it is one of your best riders. I feel the same way about mine although mine is not nearly as nice looking as yours. The bike art tower is neat but every time I see bike art I can't help but wonder if the bikes or bike items could have been reused/saved. Guess I'm just weird that way. lol I need to check your blog for even more Geouch pics and to see what model Schwinn Canti that is on your last pic. I don't seem to remember you having that one. It looks like it might be a later model variety you've customized. Keep the posts and pictures coming.

Last edited:
Always look forward to your new posts and I' really glad to see you out on the Heavy Duti. I remember you mentioning is one of your best riders. I feel the same way about mine although mine is not nearly as nice looking as yours. The bike art tower is neat but every time I see bike art I can't help but wonder if the bikes or bike items could have been reused/saved. Guess I'm just weird that way. lol Guess I need to check your blog for even more Geouch pics and to see what model Schwinn Canti that is on your last pic. Guess I don't remember you having that one. It looks like it might be a later model one you've customized some. Keep the posts and pictures coming.

Thanks Nagant. Click Here for the story on the Schwinn cantilever. All mine and a few others Geocouching pics can be seen here.

Thanks Nagant. Click Here for the story on the Schwinn cantilever. All mine and a few others Geocouching pics can be seen here.

Thank you for the links. I had already looked at your blog for the other Geouching pics but I did not know which Schwinn Canti it was until now. I guess the different wheels, tires, seat, and removal of the painted rack in your last pic had me stumped. Or is that a different bike next to you in your last pic? In the pics above where your Wife is using the bike it's looks to be the same as when you built it for your Father in Law. Regardless it's great you guys have kept the bike and still use it after his passing. It's sad how he was only able to ride it a small number of times.

I edited my previous message to correct all the grammar errors, surprised you could make sense of it. I need to stop doing post via the PC hooked up to my bedroom TV when I'm so far from the TV. At such a distance I find I make a ton of spelling and grammar errors.

Thanks Sensor.

Recent riding...

My wife on Cycle-Cross Night at our Pub Pedal.

P1050372.JPG

At a car show.
P1050458.JPG

One of a couple more Geocouch scores.
P1050680.JPG

At a fork in the road.
P1050726.JPG

P1050716.JPG

P1050642.JPG

Ride to the country for a free apple.
10534770_812673142106528_999971670286569794_n.jpg

Wife and I playing chicken for Bike Ride & Seek.
P1040621.JPG

Just got done looking through your thread keep up the great post I'm jealous of all the great trails you all ride not many around here looking in to some in knoxville but that is like 70 miles away but I am down there once a week so it wouldn't be so bad have you rode much in east TN ? Also I would like to know about you getting your mother used to riding again with the tandem was she ever used to riding any at all or had she not rode since she was a kid reason I ask is I would like to get my grandmother on a bike again she said she used to love riding when she was a kid but never owned her own she is 80 but she is active and walks a mile every day twice a day most times weather permitting as in not raining don't really matter how cold but not in the heat of the day kind of scared about learning her thought about a trike but might be dangerous? Then I seen you talking about getting your mom used to riding on the tandem so now I'm wandering. Sorry about the long post sometimes I just ramble.

Just got done looking through your thread keep up the great post I'm jealous of all the great trails you all ride not many around here looking in to some in knoxville but that is like 70 miles away but I am down there once a week so it wouldn't be so bad have you rode much in east TN ? Also I would like to know about you getting your mother used to riding again with the tandem was she ever used to riding any at all or had she not rode since she was a kid reason I ask is I would like to get my grandmother on a bike again she said she used to love riding when she was a kid but never owned her own she is 80 but she is active and walks a mile every day twice a day most times weather permitting as in not raining don't really matter how cold but not in the heat of the day kind of scared about learning her thought about a trike but might be dangerous? Then I seen you talking about getting your mom used to riding on the tandem so now I'm wandering. Sorry about the long post sometimes I just ramble.
Thanks.
The only place we've ridden in Tennessee is Chattanooga along the river trail. Doesn't seem to be many rails-to-trails (which is what we like) there.
My Mother hadn't ridden since childhood. Yes we first started on our tandem and then put her on an old girls Schwinn we had. When she decided she liked riding she then bought a new Schwinn that was a little more comfortable and had gears and hand brakes. Trike would be a tough call I think. I find them difficult and taking more effort but if balance might be a problem than I suppose a trike would be the answer. My mother keeps her seat low so she can touch the ground and goes at a slow pace and does really good.

Thanks.
The only place we've ridden in Tennessee is Chattanooga along the river trail. Doesn't seem to be many rails-to-trails (which is what we like) there.
My Mother hadn't ridden since childhood. Yes we first started on our tandem and then put her on an old girls Schwinn we had. When she decided she liked riding she then bought a new Schwinn that was a little more comfortable and had gears and hand brakes. Trike would be a tough call I think. I find them difficult and taking more effort but if balance might be a problem than I suppose a trike would be the answer. My mother keeps her seat low so she can touch the ground and goes at a slow pace and does really good.
Thanks for responding I'm gonna be on the search for a tandem yeah I think a trike would be too dangerous and hard to ride for the area we are in . The hats are great looks like it was a good time . Keep up the great posts !

Latest posts

Back