LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Todays Ride (Freezing)

The ride to work today. The temp was 3 deg and I got a good beard icing. Not cold enough for "tearsycles" yet though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jerrykr said:
what do you guys wear under your bike helmets?

We rode last weekend in only cool weather, and I tell you those helmets move some cooling air over your head, way more than you realize in the summer time.

"cool video" :D
Thanks.

I always struggle with what to wear riding in the cold. Yesterday I just wore a headband thing around my ears. My wife has an Elmer Fudd style hat under her helmet.

@dos cruiser thanks had a good Christmas hope you and yours had a good one too.

Hey Randy, I got an Amry helmet hat for X-mas. I plan on wearing that under my bike helmet. It looks a little Elmer Fudd, but it's warm.

XC204 said:
The ride to work today. The temp was 3 deg and I got a good beard icing. Not cold enough for "tearsycles" yet though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That's a TRUE biker :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Todays Ride (Above Freezing)

Went for a ride in the big city. The high was supposed to be upper 40s but it sure didn't feel like it with the wind along the river.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8axKy0m7hE

Few pics
DSCF2106.JPG

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2165.JPG

DSCF2181.JPG

Nice ride Randy, Dosen't look like you guys got the snow that we did.

450redrider said:
I'm not sure how I missed this but that green and white Dodge motorhome use to belong to my grandpa for a few years until he decided not to build it

That's cool. Didn't even notice it was a Dodge. Not for sure what the deal is with it now?

aka_locojoe said:
450redrider said:
I'm not sure how I missed this but that green and white Dodge motorhome use to belong to my grandpa for a few years until he decided not to build it

That's cool. Didn't even notice it was a Dodge. Not for sure what the deal is with it now?

My grandpa sold it around last summer to that guy who was either going to rebuild it with parts off the black one or viseversa I'm not sure which my grandpa decided to build something different now

Re: Todays Ride (70 to 0 in couple of days)

Crappy video with good music from last Saturday's ride when it was around 70 degrees. Lows around zero this past week. Near the end of our ride we stopped at our favorite LBS to get tubes and ran in to 450redrider and 65rat who were just heading out for a ratrod ride. Didn't think to get pics of them and their bikes.

Lunch
DSCF2199.JPG

Fixing flat
IMG_5173.JPG

the 70 to zero thing... I read somewhere that they were explaining it as a 100 degree swing.

70 degrees one day, and a minus 30 (wind chill) a couple days later!!

Ratfink1962 said:
the 70 to zero thing... I read somewhere that they were explaining it as a 100 degree swing.

Crazy Kansas weather. Makes winter a lot more bearable though. At least the snow and frigid temps come and go.

Here was today's miserable 5 mile ride. Only fell once! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL2haMJvxU0

DSCF2259.JPG

Skipton said:
Randy
Thanks for the cool video! Did you have the camera mounted on the bars? Or where you one handed in the snow?

Oh Yeah! you are HARDCORE! :wink:

I was holding the camera. That was kinda tuff.

No you're the one that's hard core. I did it just for kicks. I don't commute by bike in nice weather let alone this crap.

Re: Todays Ride (Coronado Heights)

Yesterday we took a short road trip to the town of Lindsborg, Kansas. From there we rode about 4.5 miles up to Coronado Heights and back. Lindsborg was settled in the spring of 1869 by a group of Swedish immigrants. Coronado Heights receives its name from the Spanish explorer Francisco Vasquez de Coronado, who visited central Kansas in 1541. Supposedly he climbed this hill looking for the Native American community of Quivira, where he was told "trees hung with golden bells and ... pots and pans were beaten gold."
Once back in Lindsborg we rode the Välkommen Trail which is a paved rail-to-trail.

Video here

IMG_5214.JPG

DSCF2505.JPG

aka_locojoe said:
Ratfink1962 said:

Crazy Kansas weather. Makes winter a lot more bearable though. At least the snow and frigid temps come and go.

Here was today's miserable 5 mile ride. Only fell once! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL2haMJvxU0

DSCF2259.JPG

I thought you got the fall on film.....lol. Looks like a fun ride. Indiana has some weird weather too.

Latest posts

Back