Little Wing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get with the bike guy over here to see what he can come up with. What are they called?

Odyssey Chase Hawk Signature Whitewalls 20x2.4 or 2.2.

13926937847_6b22d42249_z.jpg

13926949029_1178c3c0cc_z.jpg

I just checked and if all else fails Chain Reaction has them in stock, more expensive than what I paid at my LBS though.
On my Weinmann DM30 (30mm) rims the 2.4 wide ones measure out to 2.35 wide and 20.7" tall. Best bit is the 100psi rating, good for heavier riders...

Also available in tan wall, reflective red stripe (Night Hawk), reflective black stripe (Black Hawk) or full black.

13957268290_60bd9bc86d_o.jpg

13957226689_d5155be6c3_o.jpg

Luke.

I actually got some work done. I made a paper cutout of the dropout extensions. The frame has an opening that will make it possible to just bolt them up with a couple 3/8ths nuts and bolts. I'll see if I can have them cut from 3/16ths stainless. That oughta be strong enough. I also drew up the chain guard. It be cut from the same sheet metal as the cover on my grill was, then a 1/2 border attached. I'll size it up on the bike to determine where the brackets will go, then go back and have them tacked on. The forks are next, I still don't have a good idea how it will go. It may be just extensions, no springer.

2ibcndd.jpg

k1qfee.jpg

The hunk of pipe that braces the handlebars will get changed out with aviator style wings. I'm going to see if there's an engraver to add a 9 to the middle section. Can't upload pics with this slow connection right now. I'll be at the stainless place tomorrow morning to see if I get all this cut out.

The thick stainless is out of my price range, so the dropout extensions and handlebar wings are being cut from 1/4"steel plate. The chain guard will be next, only cut from thin stainless.

I was putting the bike back together to see how the drop outs will ride when I discovered another crack in one of the tubes. So it'll get welded up tomorrow if the welder shows up.

Man, what next? I am so glad you have access to good people to fix these issues. Good luck.

Well they welded it up, but my parts won't be ready until Monday, but I'm on the road again. The new dropouts will take care of the narrow width problem of the frame. The new hub came with extra washers if the frame was wider, but this frame is small. I also see where I can use the mechanism of the Wald kickstand for my drop stand and wheelie bar. That solves one problem.

2ivlnpl.jpg

bff1pv.jpg

978zmu.jpg

Those guys can make a good grill and make repairs, but their skills at other things leave a lot to be desired. I went again to pick up my parts. They said ok, and went in the back. After awhile I went and checked, they were making them as I waited. It wasn't the same piece of 3/16's steel we picked out originally, it measures just under 1/8 inch, but they seem stout enough for dropouts. So I got everything even cheaper. About 8 dollars total. If they don't seem strong enough, I'll double them up and have 2 more made. They were free handing everything with grinders, that's how they cut everything out. No safety glasses or anything. The wings for the handlebars might be too rough to use, but now I have an excuse to get a new dremel. Or have another one made from shiny stainless, if they can cut it better.

2e21fts.jpg

Those guys can make a good grill and make repairs, but their skills at other things leave a lot to be desired. I went again to pick up my parts. They said ok, and went in the back. After awhile I went and checked, they were making them as I waited. It wasn't the same piece of 3/16's steel we picked out originally, it measures just under 1/8 inch, but they seem stout enough for dropouts. So I got everything even cheaper. About 8 dollars total. If they don't seem strong enough, I'll double them up and have 2 more made. They were free handing everything with grinders, that's how they cut everything out. No safety glasses or anything. The wings for the handlebars might be too rough to use, but now I have an excuse to get a new dremel. Or have another one made from shiny stainless, if they can cut it better.

2e21fts.jpg
Hammer mechanics is what I would call it... :D but safety glasses is a must for me...

Latest posts

Back