LITTLE TOAD! RRBBO#14 Class 2. I'm out. :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Luke!

Glad to hear things are working their way out, albeit different from the original plan.

Sometimes the path changes, but we adapt, we overcome, we push forward.

It sounds like this path is heading in the right direction.

Cheers mate,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck going forward! I’ve heard people say change is good but in your case maybe not so much at once. Hope it all works out for you and your family.

Looking forward to your future builds, Luke...hope to see you back on the forums posting at your normal breakneck speed sooner rather than later!

Jason
Thanks Jason!
That's a lot of news, and sounds like things are moving in your favor. Lots of work ahead, we will be here when you return Luke.

Keep the rubber side down, and your hopes up! :thumbsup:
Will do OJ!
Does this mean you’re skipping north of the border?

Sounds like a lot of work moving that far without a truck. Still, good luck with the move. And hope you get a nice shed out of it.
Yep, moving into your state, but a long way from you still! A shed is very high on the list of requirements wherever we end up!
Good stuff Luke!

Glad to hear things are working their way out, albeit different from the original plan.

Sometimes the path changes, but we adapt, we overcome, we push forward.

It sounds like this path is heading in the right direction.

Cheers mate,
Rob
Yes indeed Dr T! Big changes but hopefully all good!
Best of luck going forward! I’ve heard people say change is good but in your case maybe not so much at once. Hope it all works out for you and your family.
Thank you MFlyer!
Best wishes with the move Luke. It's good to hear from you. Hope you get a chance to play with some bike stuff real soon.
Yep, bikes are still on the radar for sure! I might be just back to rattle can paint jobs and the like for a while until the new place is all set up, and I learn where the best places are for paints and the like in the new town...

That sounds all a bit stressful initially but it's great the way it's working out. I know the stress involved with moving. I recently moved myself and the place here was a bit smelly too. Musty dampness... better now though. My car got rear ended at the end of the move and was written off, so had to get a new car. My new place is small so I gave most of my bike stuff to @Endlesschain (again :)) and don't know when I'll get back on the bike building. :rolleyes:

Anyway, rent free for 18 months sure will be a blessing for you... will be great to get your own place... i'm envious :envy:

Keep us all informed how it goes.

Glen.

Sounds like it's going to be a better fit for y'all all the way around. It's nice when things fall into place. Best of luck with the move Luke!

That sounds all a bit stressful initially but it's great the way it's working out. I know the stress involved with moving. I recently moved myself and the place here was a bit smelly too. Musty dampness... better now though. My car got rear ended at the end of the move and was written off, so had to get a new car. My new place is small so I gave most of my bike stuff to @Endlesschain (again :)) and don't know when I'll get back on the bike building. :rolleyes:

Anyway, rent free for 18 months sure will be a blessing for you... will be great to get your own place... i'm envious :envy:

Keep us all informed how it goes.

Glen.
Oh, man, I thought we were having a rough time, but a car crash mixed in would be crazy! Just glad you are ok!
Sounds like it's going to be a better fit for y'all all the way around. It's nice when things fall into place. Best of luck with the move Luke!
Thanks King!
good luke (luck) in the future. exciting to hear you'll be buying your own place.
Yeah, pretty excited about it, hopefully that is the way it turns out!

Finally finished up with the old place today, got the scrap metal guy to pick up what was left:

IMG_20190727_114100587_HDR.jpg

OH MY! That scrap metal shot...I've got a lump in my throat just looking at it. :cry:

Fresh starts often mean 'leaving the past behind'.
There will be more frames, and wheels, and RaT-ifying pieces of rusty iron in your future, Luke.

Take care during the transition. :thumbsup:

Finally finished up with the old place today, got the scrap metal guy to pick up what was left:

View attachment 100363
Holy cow! What a load of bike parts! I'll show that to my wife next time when she tells me that I got to much stuff/bikes... [emoji23][emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
I believe things happen for a reason. Now you have 18 months rent free! You've shown all of us how resourceful you are, so I'm sure you will sock away all that rent money, putting yourselves in a powerful financial position. I'm certain the best is yet to come for the both of you. Good luck with the move.

OH MY! That scrap metal shot...I've got a lump in my throat just looking at it. :cry:

Fresh starts often mean 'leaving the past behind'.
There will be more frames, and wheels, and RaT-ifying pieces of rusty iron in your future, Luke.

Take care during the transition. :thumbsup:
Thanks OJ, thankfully most of that stuff was rejects and bikes with all the good parts cut off, but there were some decent frames in there that could have been saved, but not enough to go through the sorting process.
Holy cow! What a load of bike parts! I'll show that to my wife next time when she tells me that I got to much stuff/bikes... [emoji23][emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk
:21: I used to have a lot more!
I believe things happen for a reason. Now you have 18 months rent free! You've shown all of us how resourceful you are, so I'm sure you will sock away all that rent money, putting yourselves in a powerful financial position. I'm certain the best is yet to come for the both of you. Good luck with the move.
Thanks SD! ;)

Latest posts

Back