Little Mary

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys.
I haven’t been able to follow the forum much ‘cause of fatherhood, but I found time to chop the fat man build (remember?) and build a bike strongly influenced by some of the outstanding builds on the RRB contest. Thanks a lot everyone.
I leave you with some sequence shots and I’ll comeback as soon as possible.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keep rollin’

love the frame! forks look kinda wrong in that set up(this is just my opinion so dont take it personal.....its not my bike and my opinion doesnt count for much anyhow :wink: )
glad to see youre still building and looking forward to seeing what you come out with next :mrgreen:

Hey there.
Thanks for the opinion.
Before this one I made the Villiers boardtrack racer. Did you see it?
I see what you mean concerning the fork.
Do you think that the previous (above pics) fork arrangement looked better? It wiggled a bit because the new tubes were attached to the long bolt of the springer and the springer is meant to move..
I could eliminate the middle tubes. Take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think.
Thanks

sensor said:
love the frame! forks look kinda wrong in that set up(this is just my opinion so dont take it personal.....its not my bike and my opinion doesnt count for much anyhow :wink: )
glad to see youre still building and looking forward to seeing what you come out with next :mrgreen:

I was thinking something similar. The fork looks to big?? compared to the rest of the lines on the bike.

Hum, I see what you mean.
But, ya know, I think the photos might not be true to the bike's feeling. I think it's the overall impression that the bike causes. It is really low, just take a look at the top tube and notice that it does'nt rise above the 26' wheel.
So I guess that maybe the fork might look misplaced, although it's a regular springer.
Anyway, I could take out the middle tubes. In fact they'r expendable to the structure.
The fork would be simpler that way. What do you think?

yeah the 2 sets of truss rods were what i was referring to(in my opinion*like i know anything!* im just used to seeing 1 set)
either way still really like the frame and glad to see youre still building!

I must say that I do agree with the idea of removing the middle rods. Looks strange having 3 sets, and it also makes it look cluttered. Otherwise the bike is awesome 8)

Latest posts

Back