LIMITED EDITION 2017 SCHWINN LEMON PEELER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Don't shoot the messenger... :bigsmile:

http://amzn.to/2l4USKt

16649414_1346833052042894_1609376715140057791_n.jpeg

81Wt1-8MubL._SL1500_.jpeg
81TM7OM5CBL._SL1500_.jpeg

What's crazy is those Black Friday Krates selling for what they do on Ebay these days.

People were buying them by the pallet at $50 a pop back then and we were all laughing at them then.

I guess it just depends on how long you want to wait on a return on your investment.

They could have at least given the bike chrome wheels. :crazy2:

What's crazy is those Black Friday Krates selling for what they do on Ebay these days.
People also went crazy over pet rocks. Go figure.:21:

And your probably right, there will be someone out there that will pay big bucks for these (someday).

Hey oooooo, 3.5 star rating !

Based on three reviews, ALL posted yesterday, and none of them look like the "reviewers" actually bought the bike.

I've pretty much given up on Amazon reviews, between the people who post things just to (attempt to) be funny and the people who just don't know what they're talking about, like this one: "Way to capitalize with a total fake. Lemon Peeler had gears and Sting-Rays had same diameter wheels front and rear so you failed at both.....miserably." -- Julie Smith

Krates ARE Stingrays, so maybe she's trying to say that single speed Stingrays had the same diameter wheels front and rear? She's right about the lack of "gears" and the missing "Stik Shift," but Schwinn Krates like this did come with 16" front wheels: http://schwinncruisers.com/bikes/krates/

So it's not really a faithful "reproduction Krate" OR a "reproduction single speed Stingray" but some sort of 21st century hybrid -- which seemed to work for the recent "vintage inspired" Ford Mustangs/Chevy Camaros/Dodge Challengers.

Last edited:
So... who all is buying one?

I dont think the price is bad, mainly just for robbing parts for a rider.
$100 worth of tires, a $50 sissy bar, a $75 fork.

If it's the same seat as the rest of them it wont last more than a few rides around the block to get a nick or tear in it.

Interestingly, my 7-speed Black Friday Krate has held-up remarkably well. It has gone on a 30ish-mile doughnut ride, 11-mile rides in NYC (lots of thumbs ups on those :)) and on a ride in Boston over badly potholed streets. The paint, saddle and frame haven’t showed any signs of wear and tear over the years – the best use of $69- ever!

Having said all that, it's good to see the occasional reissue of the Schwinn Sting-Ray Krate in all its renditions; proof, that this classic design has staying power.

Last edited:
Nice. Price drop again to $290...They look like a decent rider. Much better than the BFK's. If I didn't already have too many bikes I might consider one. It would be a fun bike to put a motor on.

Don't know if purchasing one is in the cards yet but Givin the opportunity I would buy one , I actually bought every color of the black Friday released bikes but didn't hang on to those for very long .

Latest posts

Back