lightweight rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rat rod got me thinkin about Raleighs
so I started cleaning my 63 Hercules (raleigh)
I wrode it a few times last year and its one of the most comfortable to ride
I removed the fenders and bent chainguard
it need some tires.... they make a 100 psi wheelchair tire in this size for cheap money 26 x1 3/8 http://cgi.ebay.com/PRIMO-26-Wheelchair ... dZViewItem
and I got an old saddle coming from dumpster
the paint is real thin on this and it had refector tape ALL over it .... frame fenders handlebars forks so its all covered with glue goo lol
so it will get a new black satin finish and black cables for a stealth look
ee010.jpg

the nice thing about these old raleighs is all the bearings are oiled so if the bike was kept up all the parts are oiley which means less rust!
this has a beautiful set of handlebars on it so I doubt if I will switch to anything else
stuff012.jpg

and ya gotta love the click click click as your riding!

Very cool bike Hooch!

I love those old lightweight touring bikes.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Steve

I love older 3-speeds...you should check out the Lake Pepin Ride

ricksterr1221 said:
I had a yellow one of these last summer lol i beat the heck out of it i put some apes on it and went mudding blank i took it off a jump and broke the frame and left it there on the traill.. I miss that bike it was pretty fast. Hahaha it was fun

Leaving the broken bike on the trail was very irresponsible, IMO. You're just leaving junk on the trail and who wants to look at that? Pack out what you pack in.

Also, most of the Raleigh/Robin Hood/Hercules bicycles have lugged frames that can be repaired.

rick it was wrong of ya to leave it there. at least drag it somewhere there is a dumpster so that it will get tossed. us rat bike guys already get a bad rap sometimes we need no more help. and behave rick lol remember what i said?

hey now october i know i wear glasses but are mine really that big?

Laff my butt off:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THATS MEE!1

rick as mencina would say dirt di derrrr. lol just kidding there ol buddy

Latest posts

Back