Let's see your Shelby's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this one and gave it up to a charity auction . laser cut badge and pedal sides
POmdf8.jpg
ScECmX.jpg

This is a RE-POST of the Photobucket criminal confiscation of my pics. I fortunately still have them. Photobucket/Photo-schmucket dummies..:comando:

Shelby-made Gambles Hiawatha....Not sure of the year, never checked. Below as found(before)
010_15A.JPG

And after an extensive restoration. A lot of new chrome, new wheels w/Sturmey hubs. Heavy, but fast. Smoothest bike in my stable. 1st version below.

011_11.jpg

Final setup below...
c1.JPG

a1.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

Ratted drivetrain & wheels, but mostly original after restore.
NEXT!!!!
A 30's Flyer that gets ridden a lot. I put most of my miles on this bike. Very fast & fully rigid.
IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

Side by side comparison..
IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_6976.jpg

Thank you Ted! It's good to hear from you buddy, it's been awhile!:)

Yeah, I have been busy repowering the Edsel. I'm about done now....but the honey do projects are Way backed up!!

This is a re-post of Photobucket mess. Don't appreciate those dummies..
Here is a Shelby Safe-t Bike...1941 that I couldn't pass up. Frame and Fork are original. Sturmey S3C/Bullseye hubs/400 gram Mavic rims. Chainguard comes from the restored Black one (earlier post) This rusty Rat has a rat-rack addition, and is a great all-around rider......
s3.JPG

IMG_4682.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

Last edited:
1930's all-original Shelby except the yellow grips. Missing the taillight housing. Found at a farm auction in Minnesota in the late 70's. The most original bike I own, now hanging in a bike shop here in Utah. I was able to find the missing truss rods & original grips.
eagle1.jpeg

eagle2.jpg

eaglefender.jpeg

eagleseattop.jpeg

eaglhdbdg.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back