Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new bike! My lady is buying it for my 50th in January. I've done the deal, it's just a case of waiting for it to arrive from Italy. Not quite so old school as the Pashley but even more exclusive!

img1986-lrg.jpg

Taurus Contropedale in Cyclorama: http://www.cyclorama.net/viewProduct.php?id=397

I can't remember being so excited by the prospect of a new bike - probably the least expensive bike I've bought in 25 years!

hubgearfreak said:
MadMick said:
I can't remember being so excited by the prospect of a new bike

it's lovely mick, and the bars will suit the older gentleman :mrgreen:

Watch it sonny!

How are you Hubgearfreak? Haven't run into you in ages. Give your mamma my regards.

Greystoke said:
These are incredible! I just happened to be surfing the forum and spotted this thread. I have never heard of this style and I googled it to see the history of it. You guys are to be commended for your artistic talent. I noticed that a lot of the posts are from Europe and UK. Apparently this is somewhat new to the U.S.. Is that true? Where can I find more info on these? And are they fixie's or as I noticed, front disk brakes? Single speed? Any forums dedicated to this style? Thanks for the pics and any info. Brian

Well, I guess it all started in England when Pashley released the Guv'nor as a hommage to a path racer they built in the 1930s.
It kind of coincided with the first Tweed Run, a meanwhile annual cycle cruise in London to celebrate the style and panache of a bygone era. Everybody dresses like a dapper chap and the bicycles should suit the outfits.

This seems to have triggered a newly found love for path racer style bicycles which since has taken the world by storm.
Only the style counts. What you actually build, i.e. whether you build it fixed, single speed, or with gears, is entirely up to you, as always in this hobby.
You can make a path racer style bike out of any piece of rubbish, as long as it has this old-fashioned diamond shaped frame. It is arguably the most stylish form of bike you can build with literally no cost involved. Of course, for the latter, there is no limit upwards either, depending on how far you want to push it (pun intended) with either expensive NOS, or state of the art modern components.

As for forums dedicated to the style, what is wrong with the one you are currently browsing this thread in?

399643_320914004607604_100000670219696_1070610_371828644_n.jpg

Here's my Guv'nor style bike.
It's a early '50s Burco bike, turned into a path racer 8)

Morning all,

New member here. I've just bought myself an old gents 3-gear town bike which i'm turning into a Guv'nor style homage. Will be posting before/after pics in a few weeks once i've got all the bits together.

Can any of you suggest the most suitable handlebars for this. Lots of people sell North Road style bars but looking at the pics many of them seem a bit narrow or a bit 'normal'. I'm looking for the wide swept back look.

Looking for UK suppliers please.

Many thanks
Martin

Mr Black said:
Morning all,

New member here. I've just bought myself an old gents 3-gear town bike which i'm turning into a Guv'nor style homage. Will be posting before/after pics in a few weeks once i've got all the bits together.

Can any of you suggest the most suitable handlebars for this. Lots of people sell North Road style bars but looking at the pics many of them seem a bit narrow or a bit 'normal'. I'm looking for the wide swept back look.

Looking for UK suppliers please.

Many thanks
Martin

You mean this one?

http://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/bicycle ... ebars.html

From this...

34j7wd3.jpg

To this...

ixz611.jpg

3026m95.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality pics. Still need to adjust cables, replace pedals etc, but you get the idea.

Hi,

I'm living in hungary and I like the old style bicycles. I've been thinking for a long time what I want.
I bought an old "CSEPEL TÚRA" hungarian bike. It was the basis for my new bicycle.
K_p_2409_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

..and the new bike!
fot___3__www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

fot___2__www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

fot___1__www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

best regards
Bali

Latest posts

Back