Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While my up-dated roadster does not share the Guv'nors turned down bars/fast look,it does share the 40-635 rim size of the original english roadsters.And in alum rims too.I added modern V brakes and a 5 speed derailer.Lighting is a S/A dyno to a vintage tea cup headlight.
Bentley10001.jpg

Looking at all of your pictures I think mine will do.
'62 Union

DSCN5501.jpg

DSCN5463.jpg

And even this one: early 50' Gazelle

DSCN5278.jpg

What makes the Pashly special is that they still make old style bikes, but we can build our own. (imagine smily here)

hubgearfreak said:
stepper said:
What kind of handlebars are these?

more to the point, what kind of gear ratio is that. eccles must have stronger knees than me :D

they're lauterwasser bars i think
vintage drop bars from a malvern star path racer around the late forties

the gear ratio is 52 16 and its a freewheel, its the high speed straight down the highway bike

takes some time to get it up there but once you got her wound up she humps along very very nice

Crank!Basti said:
weather was nice today so I took my guv'nor-look-alike out for a spin
guvride1.jpg

:shock:
NIIIICE!!!

FunkyStickman said:
Crank!Basti said:
weather was nice today so I took my guv'nor-look-alike out for a spin

guvride1.jpg

I absolutely love your bike, man... you did a great job with it! Did you build the wheels yourself?

Thank you. Yeah I did almost everything myself.

Hammond Eggz said:
:shock:
NIIIICE!!!

Thanks!

Blackadder11262010a.jpg

Blackadder is my take on the classic English path racer. I set myself the challenge to build the bike with mostly new parts for less than its handbuilt English counterpart. Sure, Blackadder doesn’t have a Reynolds 531 frame and a long wheelbase, but it’s not too shabby. Actually I started with a Raleigh Record Ace frame, supposedly a non-export frame since it has pump pegs under the top tube. I laced the wheelset myself using Sturmey Archer hubs and Sun CR-18 rims. The project was finished so late in the season that I’ve only logged a couple of miles. I’m looking forward to some excellent rides starting in the spring.

:shock: That is AWESOME! Great job - you definitely captured the essence of the originals.

SlyRed,

That is perfect! Everything is really well done. Could you give us a component list of what you put together for this bike?

Thanks,
John

P.S. the more I look at this bike the more details I notice, like the copper colored handlebar grip ends matching the Brooks Special copper rivets on the saddle. Tire logos lined up with the valve stems, etc, etc.

Back