Lets see your Daily Driver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sometimes switch around the bikes I ride. But mostly it is between these two:
1981 Schwinn World Tourist
DSCF4816.jpg

And my 1964 Monark
DSCF4814.jpg

Space.jpg

The seat was shot, I was told that the seat I put on it came from a stationary bike. Got some new tires, went through it added ape hangers and a red chain. Then I got hurt, had groin hernia surgery and cant ride it for aleast a month. Every time I look at it I want to ride it.

I have that same seat, or at least one that looks like it from a stationary bike but the seat stem is part of the seat and smaller then a normal post so I can't use it on anything. I'm sure I'll eventually figure something out.

This is my daily driver, a Nirve Switchblade.
The only thing i changed was the saddle, 'cos the original Nirve saddle was too noise ( it kept squeaking and rattling inspite of attempts to lubricate any moving parts )
I replaced it with a white Selle Royale cruiser seat with smooth suspension.
I use this bike for work, gettin' my groceries and long distance rides.
And recently took it with me on a cruise with the riders from DHC in The Hague .
Here's some pics..

Before changing the saddle..

IMAG0115.jpg

And how it looks now..

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

Riding with the DHC june 10th 2012..

246408_4105991418669_1525993255_n_1.jpg

Grtz, Steve

this is the current incarnation of my daily driver '80 Schwinn Cruiser.
It's got all the necessities: water bottle holder, lights, and bell :D

IMG_0077_zpsbfcafb9a.jpg

here it is... 1937 Schwinn straight-bar

eight miles a night with the junkyard dog :shock:

26T/9T gearing... which is too easy... I'm looking into 26T/8T :shock: :shock:

Here's my daily ride, not very "rat rod" but it is a vintage '80's Diamondback mountain bike with a few mods, I put a set of 26 x 2.125 Kenda tires on it for a smoother ride and they work great and swapped the cheap plastic peddles for some Diamondback brand bear trap knock offs that came from another bike and a rack which is mainly just for holding my lock when I'm not towing the trailer. Also normally pull my trailer behind it...Just in case I find more bikes thrown out. :mrgreen:

image-159_zpse5c67ce3.jpg

ratrodtrikes44 said:
built......regret selling it!
I bet! If you ever build another I hope you will post it up on here, would love to see the process and how you make it work.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back