Lets see your Daily Driver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my normal daily ride, try to ride anytime its not raining but, broke it down to make something different
so the oragne huffy took over for the murry
car094.jpg

car089.jpg

Well, if you are really talking daily rider, then probably either my Roubaix or my Salsa Vaya commuter. I ride them probably 5-6 days a week

troub2.jpg

vaya1.jpg

If you're talking the vintage bike that will get the most miles, then my Typhoon I just built will be the one. I built it specifically to ride.

66typhoon9.jpg

very nice bikes, Terry66 love the typhoon have a green speed tadpole for commuter but it sees very little road time these days
Terry66 said:
Well, if you are really talking daily rider, then probably either my Roubaix or my Salsa Vaya commuter. I ride them probably 5-6 days a week

If you're talking the vintage bike that will get the most miles, then my Typhoon I just built will be the one. I built it specifically to ride.

The bike I ride most is my 1957 Hornet. It's hard to believe but I am still riding this thing in the middle of winter in New England!

MykesBykes160.jpg

soulshine73 said:
The bike I ride most is my 1957 Hornet. It's hard to believe but I am still riding this thing in the middle of winter in New England!

MykesBykes160.jpg

thats a beautiful bike you have there

I saw someone do a 'gender bender' on the girls version of this bike and modify the chainguard decal to say, SATAN CRUZ, pretty funny... :lol: :lol:
car094.jpg

I don't have a bike that is 100% right now, but stay tuned..

Cheers,
Dr. T

Normal commuting. Yes it is like day time in front of me! lol Usually keep my little trailer attached and take this to the grocery store etc.

003-2.jpg

For cruising around. I take this one to car shows and what not. Frame is now sans any flames, all satin black.

1227112157.jpg

My chick frame. I've been using this when there is a possibility of slick roads (Saves the frank n beans when slippage occurs) Also ride this one to the bus stop to pick up my daughter from the bus, it's low enough for me to coast along with her. This bike also has sentimental value to me. It belonged to a school mate of mine that passed away, her sister asked me if I wanted it when they had to move since she knew I messed around with bikes, also my 6 year old daughter helped me clean it up and get it back on the road. Still some work needs to be done, but it works. Think I'll always keep this one.

381780_2551110053348_1121769160_4095049_643402347_n.jpg

Terry66 said:
troub2.jpg
Dude, Super Sweet Road Bike! What kind of saddle is that?
Not daily driver but in the good riding months, I go 3-4 times a week. Great work-out bike, can't gear down for hills :lol:
IMG_5079II.jpg

Daily??? Man, I have 8 I ride equally. Daily?? I guess my Phat Chopper. IT has gears. My Trek 730 has gears,but I dont submit it to salt ...The Phat can be repainted, and its COOL!!!The other bikes I really dont take out that often,as salt and mud I dont want them to see...And notice the seat stem, it hasnt warped or snapped or broke in about 100 miles. Weld things right,and they last....Jut saying....
DSCI0289.jpg

and This Monark Silver King is ridden alot. Has an altered seat stem and seat is different. Im gonna add a set of apes.. I love this bike, but would trrade it for something different...
DSCI0314.jpg

thats a nice bike did you see the 2 torkers I traded to don, one was orig pads and everything and I think
i gave him the ratty old org tires.

Rat Rod said:
I've been riding my 82 Schwinn Team 24 cruiser lately when we go riding together on our bike path. :D

me_pred24.jpg

Latest posts

Back