Lets see your Columbia's!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1oldbikelover said:
This is my '59-'60 Columbia 60 Special
Columbia60srightfront_zps8820c86f.jpg
sweet bike! my ratbike is a black 60 special too! i put a huffy chainguard on it cuz i liked the lines better with the build. i still have the original chainguard in my stable :D
DSCF0551.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
Finally mounted a closely matching patina'd light on mine, along with a siren. Those things are cool. =quote]

B43927FC_zps8c2c2a29.jpg

DUDE that looks like they were on there since day one!! :shock:
uber cool bike!

junknutz1975 said:
Onewheelsqueel said:
Finally mounted a closely matching patina'd light on mine, along with a siren. Those things are cool. =quote]

B43927FC_zps8c2c2a29.jpg

DUDE that looks like they were on there since day one!! :shock:
uber cool bike!

Thanks, the light is a bit less patina'd but not far off. This is probaly my favorite bike I have, for as heavy the patina is it works fine, besides the pedals (they are a bit rough rolling). But every nut and bolt works good, none are seized and all bearings work good. Hard to believe with as heavy the rust is. Try that with a new bike, a year or two outside and nothing likes to work.

Bought this 65 2 weeks ago from a friend who didn't want it, only 35 bucks!It sat in a garage for a looooong time.
PICT0053_zps3a782fdd.jpg

Original tires, but they're really worn.

Here is the 1954 Columbia Built Westfield Tanker that I had last year. I ended up trading it for a Felt El Guapo and some parts

IMG_1267.jpg

I bought this 1961 Firebolt at the same time as the 54. It no longer has the bug eye tank.

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

I traded the bug eye Firebolt tank for this 1953 Three Star DeLuxe (plus some otehr stuff) in an offer I couldn't refuse.
Consider this one of the before photos because this will be my "FireWing" entry in RRBBO8. I found a tank for it later here on RRB as well.
I look forward to posting the after photos here after the build off.

c3.jpg

WP_001028.jpg

Just picked this Columbia up today.

Here's the photo from the listing. Not sure what year it is - couldn't find a serial number on the crank or the rear dropouts. We did, however, find a "52" flanked by a flattened diamond shape. Is it safe to assume it could be from 1952? Can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it up.

There is a locking springer fork ... but no key. Any idea what it would take to get a new key made? Also.... any chance someone might have some of the missing parts?

Latest posts

Back