Lets see your bicycle work spaces!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my work and storage space otherwise known as Area 51. It is more crowded than usual with some flipper bikes to sell to the kids at the nearby college.
CIMG0753.jpg

CIMG0757.jpg

CIMG0754.jpg

In the winter I work out of by basement shop, Area 51b.
CIMG0760.jpg

Here is the left side of my two car garage
d6ec24bb.jpg

And here is the right after I back the bug out.
8ca68088.jpg

I can work over here, but the wifey insist that the car be put up when I am done

My work benches can be used when I move the bikes to the driveway
5f421bee.jpg

And my cubbies
0538dbb3.jpg

Rat Rod, you're workspace is clean man, I had to tidy my workspace up today, Still not close to yours but I'm happy with it considering it is small and how much stuff I got in there.

P8240109.jpg

P8240110.jpg

P8240122.jpg

P8240121.jpg

P8240121.jpg

P8240118.jpg

I'd like to post a pic of my garage but it's way too clutered. I've let it get piled up with to do stuff that I havn't done. Theres some bikes to fix/mod and some wood projects and some where in the pile is my '74 Cutlass! I also have a storage unit with a few bikes and car parts and the basement has the same. Didn't spring clean so a fall straigtn is in order!

All cool pic's! Can you tell more about that Honda with the white gas tank?

Marty

2Slow said:
This is my work and storage space otherwise known as Area 51. It is more crowded than usual with some flipper bikes to sell to the kids at the nearby college.

CIMG0757.jpg

Thanks for the comments. It is a mild cafe job that I did on a 75 CB360. I made the seat cowl myself, replaced the exhaust, signals, bars, mirrors. I painted the tank with rattlecan epoxy enamel refridgerator paint. It runs great and it's loud enough to make small kids cry.
360after.jpg

The orange bike is a stock CB360 that I am thinking of making into a scrambler type bike with knobbies, high pipes etc... But may just sell it due to too many projects, too little time.
140_4082.jpg

The red and black bike is my 98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport.
140_4030.jpg

tulsacruiser said:
IMG_1024.jpg

Hey man where did you get your vise at? Im looking to make a poor mans bike work stand
You can get those clamps at Home Depot for less than $15. Those are called pipe clamps, all you need to add is the pipe, flange and a place to mount it. I built one myself because I'd rather spend my cash on bike parts than a $100+ bike stand from Park.

vibr8shun said:
tulsacruiser said:
IMG_1024.jpg

Hey man where did you get your vise at? Im looking to make a poor mans bike work stand
You can get those clamps at Home Depot for less than $15. Those are called pipe clamps, all you need to add is the pipe, flange and a place to mount it. I built one myself because I'd rather spend my cash on bike parts than a $100+ bike stand from Park.
The poor mans bike stand is made up of:
1- Pipe Clamp
1- 3/4" Gas Pipe 12" Long
1- Floor/Wall Mount
4- 1 1/2" Lag Screws
1- Rubber Square or Heavy Material to rap the frame.

I spent less than $30 on clamp parts. The wood was in the scrap pile, so add more if you need the wood. OH, and it works!!

This is supposed to be my workshop, but ahhh.... I can carefully step to the back, and the boxes of parts aren't more than two high. I AM able to find parts here, sometimes when I need them! A bunch of shelves are needing to be built. I'll get there, eventually.-Adam
SUNP0008.jpg

So weeks later the end is in sight. And here i thought this would be a 3 day event.
(kept running outta $$$$$$)
2hqs7m8.jpg

I built in lots o work space/bench.
A friend of mine also told me they have tonnes of new kitchen uppers (cubboards) at his place of employment.
things built the wrong sizes,factory seconds and products that where never picked up.
so i'm pretty sure all my storage will be free. (happy happy, joy joy!) :lol:
id4uhz.jpg

I'm trying to find an old tiny wood stove so i can work out there during the cold winter months.
Best part, the 305 big bear is outta the sun porch so the little womans happy,
and i can finally make my way back into the arcade. (barely) :wink:
58hw7.jpg

scrumblero said:
HOLY CRAP! what a mess !!! It doesn't look that bad from the middle :p I guess I better clean up a bit.......
IMG_20100824_214222-800.jpg

I did some trim work on a house where the kitchen looked just like that.... Lady wanted to know if I needed to take a break and she would make me a bite to eat.... Nice thought... but... um .... no... :D

After seeing it once, I think MonsterMetal has an awesome shop.....

Here is my humble abode:

TimberComp-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back