Lets see your bicycle work spaces!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currenty building a new shed. It's gonna double as my work space over the winter in an attempt to keep my basement free of metal shavings. :)
10p6bo0.jpg

I went as large as possible without needing a building permit (108 sq feet, here in ontario)
Upper storage on one side, lots of head room on the other.
I'm planning out the inside (cubboards,work benchs etc) With such limited space i have to be very carefull in the layout.
Was hoping to see what you guys got for bicycle work spaces and i figured it would be fun.
thx in advance! Post those pic's!

I am also fixin to build a shed before the snow flies! I'm gonna go with a 16' X 12' and I hope that will be enough.
Your shed looks cool and I agree that the lay out is crutial!

sweome little shed there bro and my work area in summer is garage or outsie on picnic table during winter the garage is ice cold and damp so I work in family room we have 2 living room areas one for tv and couches other one has pool table and my craP LOL

halsencrew said:
sweome little shed there bro and my work area in summer is garage or outsie on picnic table during winter the garage is ice cold and damp so I work in family room we have 2 living room areas one for tv and couches other one has pool table and my craP LOL

When the girly is outta town, i often take over the living area. :)
Got an arcade down stairs that doubles as my work shop most of the time (tile floor), but i'm tierd of having to dust the room down everytime i use it.

Theres just too much stuff on the walls/In the room and i'm sure its not doing the pinball machines any good..

icyuod2 said:
... Theres just too much stuff on the walls/In the room and i'm sure its not doing the pinball machines any good..

ive been meaning to ask you if you had any pics of your pinball machines, been thinking about getting an EM sometime.

jealous of the shed too :D

What pinball machines????? :roll:
156g4kx.jpg

15ro3sh.jpg

15yge92.jpg

xnepp0.jpg

I guess now ya know why i need a shed. :wink:

Here's a better look at the first couple i restored.
w86epy.jpg

icyuod2 said:
15ro3sh.jpg

I like the late 60's early 70's Mercedes grill here. German engineering at it's finest. Also I saw that same exact clown vending machine on American Pickers! Also that neon cactus is awesome!

icyuod2 said:
156g4kx.jpg

can i come over this weekend? i promise you wont even know im there. just lead me to this room and let me go for a few hours :lol:. i remember seein pics of this room a while back. i liked the painting of the "seaster". :mrgreen:. reminds me of some side show carny signage.

The pole barn is usually crowded inside so I usually open both doors to work outside.

dsc00502ox.jpg

The Racer is in the way of the tools but that's not a problem, it doesn't hurt my eyes. :lol:
dsc00505pb.jpg

The small gap between my car and the bikes.
dsc00509g.jpg

The workbench only gets used for storage as you can see. :wink:
dsc00510of.jpg

There is a large Schwinn banner in my basement which is full of vintage bicycle parts that I will sell later this year. I have no pictures of the goodies since I don't want to be flocked. 8)
dsc00524vw.jpg

I work with my fingers too! Trolling the CL for the green screaming deals, getting inquiries from the unknown that will be known, and deleting all of that spam e-mail. :lol:
dsc00530gm.jpg

Here's mine, a little cramped and looks redneck but that's how rats were born! Kick it oldschool baby!
The shed is small so 90% of the time I work outside in the yard or in my bedroom...lol
P8190074.jpg

This is BEFORE my trike found it's way back in there and with my huffy rat and trailor out of it.
P8190075.jpg

P8190082.jpg

Ah and my junk drawer
P8190083.jpg

I almost hate to post because its such a mess.
On one side I've got an old desk with a vice and grinder set up as my main work bench, to the left is a shelf for paints and oils, welder, air compressor, and a re-purposed metal filing cabinet for tools.

shop1.jpg

Over here behind the bikes are shelves and cabinets for hardware.

shop2.jpg

This side is mostly storage with enough room to get to the drill press. The bikes are the ones I'm currently working on or riding, the rest are stored elsewhere with the larger loose parts (frames, wheels, etc) for more workspace.

shop3.jpg

The garage isn't insulated, heated or cooled, so I work outside if its nice or hot.

Hooch said:
can you make multiple 108sq ft sheds? lol string them in a line
When I lived in Windfall, I used to buy old semi trailers to use as workspace and storage. You don't need a building permit because it's a "movable structure" and you can find them cheap once the brakes are shot, tires are shot, and the running gear is about to go south. Silver-seal the roof and knock the wheels out from under it and you got an instant garage. Too bad I live in the city now or I'd get a few of them. I did have a box truck though.

rat rod that is way 2 clean and way 2 well organized ....do u do any work in there ....? LOL well guys this is where i been workin on bikes 4 the last few years ..its not mine its my dads shop ..but i have full run of the place ...and a key so i can go work when ever i want too...gotta love dad !!! hope u guys dig it i know we sure do !!!! mike
img1267425327616.jpg

img1267424890461.jpg

img1267424889200.jpg

img1267425326229.jpg

img1267425395128.jpg

img1267425327800.jpg

img1267425395658.jpg

had 2 throw in a pic of the giant dinasour ...old warner swasey turet lathe ....dosent do much except collect bike parts !!!
img1267425325404.jpg

Okay...you win the big giant awesome power tool and color coordination prize. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to keep my space clean otherwise the dinky space I have will disappear quickly. :D

Not to mention that I'm better with Photoshop than fabricating. :lol:

oh i get a prize ...LOL i didnt know u were givin one out ...im just greatful my dad is so cool and has nice toys ...although he wont let me use the lathes ..."them r my toys ..ill do that for ya " ..he loves it anyway just being out there hangin out together is what its all about ..well bikes too....as far as the color that was his rehab when he had his heart attack almost ten years ago..he fixed that place up sweet...he is a harley head through and through ..he has 10 of em now ...we r in the process of redoing his newest one (1984) from a wrech he got into a few months ago ...its gonna be super cool when its done...took the frame 2 the powder coater 2 day ...cant wait !! anyway ..sorry 4 ramblin ...mike

mesome said:
Icy, is that a Honda s90 I see back there?
It's actually a 1965 honda s-65 (I have a second parts bike also-almost complete)
278482i_20.jpg

There's a 1971 cd cafe racer I'm building(which is a canadian version of the cb 175)
and a 1964 yamaha omaha trail 80. (super rare)
Rat Rod said:
Nothing fancy, but it's well lit, organized and clean. :mrgreen:

DSC_0007-1-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1-2.jpg

Now thats a well organized work space. I like it!
mikesbikes36 said:
rat rod that is way 2 clean and way 2 well organized ....do u do any work in there ....? LOL well guys this is where i been workin on bikes 4 the last few years ..its not mine its my dads shop ..but i have full run of the place ...and a key so i can go work when ever i want too...gotta love dad !!! hope u guys dig it i know we sure do !!!! mike
img1267425327616.jpg

img1267424890461.jpg

img1267424889200.jpg

img1267425326229.jpg

img1267425395128.jpg

img1267425327800.jpg

img1267425395658.jpg

had 2 throw in a pic of the giant dinasour ...old warner swasey turet lathe ....dosent do much except collect bike parts !!!
img1267425325404.jpg

And that would be my dream shop. I could make some pretty cool rides with that sorta hardware.

thesuicideride said:
icyuod2 said:
156g4kx.jpg

can i come over this weekend? i promise you wont even know im there. just lead me to this room and let me go for a few hours :lol:. i remember seein pics of this room a while back. i liked the painting of the "seaster". :mrgreen:. reminds me of some side show carny signage.

I'll have to warn you. That room has a time warp sorta effect on you. Not only is it full of items from a time past, but it also seems to consume time when yuor down there. You could loose entire days. :wink:

Latest posts

Back