Let's see what you have done with OCC Parts and Bikes!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenbike_zpsebda3060.jpg

Nice work Nimbus! Welcome to RRB
You should look up the Sand Rover and Fugsley builds.

Nice work Nimbus! Welcome to RRB
You should look up the Sand Rover and Fugsley builds.
I saw them before my build. I thought I was the only one who would chop up 3 good bikes to make one. I liked the Forsyth Park pics. I'm just down the road in Jax.

Let me know if you ever head up this way and we'll go for a ride. Not sure if I would equate chopping up OCC's to chopping up "good" bikes. :android::21:
Fugsley lives in the Tampa area now.

What size motorcycle tires did you use? I left room with the fenders but would have to revisit the brakes.

Last edited:
2006 Schwinn Manta Ray
MantaRay6_zps1be7b8ab.jpg

This is the final iteration’s parts list: Wald highrise bars from a girl’s 70’s (?) Free Sprit; Salsa handgrips; Bontrager bar end plugs; OCC Sting-Ray 42T crankset; Sturmey Archer 16T drive cog (final drive ratio = 57.75 Gear Inches); OCC Sting-Ray front wheel and tire; Zéfal LED’s front and rear.

By using the OCC Sting-Ray’s 24” front wheel, the Fork Angle and Trail were changed from the original’s 16” wheel; this resulted in a dramatic change in the handling characteristics. The combination of a Wald highrise handlebar’s spacing and changes to the Fork Angle and Trail makes her so much better to ride from both a physics and ergonomic standpoint.

Design and application is often a matter of compromises, in this case, the higher Final Drive Ratio makes her go further per pedal stroke (thus faster at 60-90 RPM’s) on the flats and in descends, but in climbing – well – not so much, despite the OCC's 170mm crank length ; she has thus become a comfortable, yet reasonably fast, flatland single speed cruiser! (I resisted the temptation of converting her into an internally geared 3-speed)

Hope you guys like her.

Here's mine, I used tractor paint for the tires. It's only peeling on the one side.

97099226ad6437eb05815c7aada5744f.jpg

Thinking I'll cut up the frame for a re-deux of my Air Force Too build.

Man! These are some cool looking custom occ stingrays! The one in my avatar is my first custom build and is mild compared to some here! Chain stays are widened 3/4 of an inch to accomadate a 6 spd cassette, a custom made set of handlebars and a modified seat post. My next occ project will have a lot more custom work done, but like tbis one the mods will be suttle enough to ov

...suttle enough to over look unless you look for them. I will be using some of the bikes on this thread as inspiration. It was actually the "Orange County Chop Suey" build that lead me here. And I will be going for that look on mine. Here is a picture of my current 6 spd occ.

Idk. This is the first (and only) one I've seen in real life. It was at a bike show I went to last year. No one there seems interested in it and by the end of the day I bought it for cheap! I think I'm going to keep this one pretty much stock, just a few bolt on parts just in case I ever want to go back original.

Latest posts

Back