Let's see what you have done with OCC Parts and Bikes!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
Looking forward to seeing what OCC parts are used in this years Build Off!

I could use my latest chopped off OCC rear end and rear wheel tire for my sidecar wheel and add a hand coaster brake for the passenger for quick right turns... :shock:

Haven't seen many OCC parts in the BO7 builds yet, but I am sure there will be some to add here before it is over.

I know it's not the most original bike out there... But it's still fun to ride.
380367_3521812255959_1591662524_2745092_2039907837_n.jpg

The only OCC parts I used on this project was the handle bars.
But they have the right look, and they were just laying around the garage anyway : )
003.jpg

Both of those look great to me.

Not really a build, but paint.

Form this
001-56.jpg

To this...Dis-assembled, sanded and painted, then re-assembled in just under three hours, including seat dying and chainguard blueing. A very hot day, paint dried very quickly.
0012-2.jpg

He wasn't riding pink and purple
008-15.jpg

Finally restored my missing RRBBO4 photos... here, I present the OCC Rat Chop Suey in all its ratty glory. It was my first RRBBO bike. I had since converted it to a single speed (still have the Sturmey 8-speed hub) and left it in the yard, was stolen a week later. RIP.

102_1542.JPG

my big mo with a few pieces to make it rideable for me. seat off an exerciser with the mount off an old saddle so it would bolt to a seat post, big seat post from some other exerciser and struts from some bmx bike i had long ago. it may or may not get to keep the handlebars. no plans to cut or paint it, and not much interest in putting real money into it, so it gets whatever parts i luck across that might work good on it.

:oops: :edit: here's a novel idea, i'll post the pics

bikes001-26.jpg

bikes002-15.jpg

I thought I had posted to this thread be4, but I cant find it. SO,here it is. 17" added to the backbone, and seat stem assembly from a next suspension MTB. All welded, no bondo. I dont ride it enuf to put the work into making it a show-piece. Its fun to ride.
DSCI0495.jpg

done....I removedthe gusset up by the steering tube.
DSCI0500.jpg

then I added a sprung nanner seat,and a 36" sissy bar,and some camo paint..
DSCI0512.jpg

gcrank1 said:
What did you use for a rear wheel (it was the fatty originally, right?) and axle for that wide frame?
Built the wheels myself, it's a 24" in back and a 26" in front. The Sturmey drum hub has a long axle, like 185mm or something, I narrowed the dropouts and added spacers to fit. You have to remove the fender mount tab for a 24" Thick Brick to fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Finally used a set of mini OCC forks on a full size bike with a 26" wheel/tire and I think it looks great, has more clearance than I thought it would and it does have a little rake built into the triple trees, but not too much and it tracks really well!

05F6C7FF-9548-4911-92EC-C686FA00FEB4-5607-000003B47F8302F4.jpg

Cool, I have been wanting to play with a motorized bike.

yoothgeye said:
Finally used a set of mini OCC forks on a full size bike with a 26" wheel/tire and I think it looks great, has more clearance than I thought it would and it does have a little rake built into the triple trees, but not too much and it tracks really well!
very nice! Minus the engine (cause I got a chronic case of Empty Wallet) I had planned to do this with a mini-OCC that kingfish pointed out to me, but ended up selling the mini for almost double what i paid.

Latest posts

Back