lets see those homemade tanks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id like to see some of your homemade tanks or stuff that could be used for a tank custom jobs here Im tryin to get ideas

one i made for my elgin
illpostitlatertankdoor004.jpg

rawtank.jpg

illpostitlatertankaged002.jpg

letteringbeforeaging003.jpg

one for my sons 20"
20orlessforksandtank001.jpg

20orlesswaitingfortank002.jpg

20orlessfinalpics002-1.jpg

one for my dayton
lacucaracha005.jpg

hangingtank002.jpg

lacucaracha010.jpg

yeah i know the daytons tank is rough but it fit the look i wanted for that bike(i had to fight myself to not finish it :lol: )
ive got another alot more complicated one in the works for my scratch build bike but 90 in the garage is just too hot to work :x

halenscrew,
Here's a few pic of my 'tank', it's actually to pieces of sheet metal, drilled and spaced with cheap threaded aluminum spacers. It's held onto the frame with a few cheap pipe straps. I've got $10 MAX in it.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
halenscrew,
Here's a few pic of my 'tank', it's actually to pieces of sheet metal, drilled and spaced with cheap threaded aluminum spacers. It's held onto the frame with a few cheap pipe straps. I've got $10 MAX in it.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T
I have seen this one in person......I like it...ALOT :wink:

I went with three pieces of 1/2" wood and then just routered down the edges to give them a nice contour. I haven't touched it in a few months as the project took over the back burner for some skinny tire projects.

started w/ piece of cardboard cut out then traced onto a hard foam board that is like 4 inches thick and then I cut it out and sanded now I will get prolly plastic from say a bucket or somthin and cut it out the same and just glue over the foam borad and then primer and paint
001-55.jpg

002-52.jpg

003-56.jpg

004-56.jpg

005-53.jpg

Just a mock up so far but I plan to use two plates of clear red plexiglas and suspend the 8-ball between them, Then a little pinstripe flames on both sides, some lights and she'll be almost far from done..... :wink: :mrgreen:
P8010061.jpg

P8010062.jpg

P8010064.jpg

One finished tank/storage
Windsorfinishedleft.jpg

One more I'm working on for a future project...
schwinntank.jpg

well since no one else has posted anything....
with storage:
rawtank.jpg

after paint:
illpostitlatertankaged002.jpg

after lettering:
letteringbeforeaging002.jpg

sons tank in primer(sorry no raw shots):
20orlesswaitingfortank002.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

first one made:
hangingtank002.jpg

lacucaracha010.jpg

ive done quite afew more and theyve gotten to have alot of crown recently just dont have any pics saved of them yet :|

i know theres more....if i recall correctly didnt some one do one for this years build off? hand hammered copper maybe? and i know boneshaker did one in one of the build offs afew years back(dont recall which one off hand though)

I am impressed and so fascinated by those thin tanks like on the early Indian & Harley cycles. You got that look down 8)

Latest posts

Back