let me see your chopper bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking that I would try to engineer a way to use the forks on an older frame for an adult muscle bike feel.

A Switchblade!

2012-11-06125241.jpg

2012-11-06125221.jpg

2012-11-06124751.jpg

Im building this OCC chrome trike, used a rearend from a 1950s Sears chain drive trike, got most of it done just need to mount the fenders and rear deck/step, blast and paint. Its a complete bolt on , no mods to the frame. Sulley

010.jpg

That OCC really turned out slick!!

Thanks guys, i did a little more to it yesterday. I got these rear steps for a Schwinn roadster tricycle and i boxed in the rear end. I also moved the seat back some by putting another seat post on the front of the seat pan. Gives me a little more room to ride. Sulley

002-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Just a sweet kids frame I found. Pretty sure it was a 90's murray. Welded up some extendo-forks put on some apes, done
482533_10151400749960244_1172529678_n.jpg

Well i have big ones, small ones and ones in between, i even got one still in the box. :shock: :shock: :shock: Sulley

002-7.jpg

Your missing the scooter!!!

"Longbike"
LongBike002.jpg

“Vincent Chopper” by Redneck Engineering
Redneck%20Vincent.jpg

IMHO – the greatest expression of a chopper – EVER!

OneHorsePower said:
That tiny one is so cute :eek:
what's the name of it ?what size wheels/rims are on those (the tiny one)

Thats the Schwinn Stingray JR. It has a 12 1/2" rear tire and a 14" front. Sulley

001-18.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Your missing the scooter!!!

I have had like ten of those things. The kids around my house love them and they sell as soon as i get one. Sulley

in the process of making a sissy bar for it and also need to make a seat post but heres what im working with...its a West coast choppers bike...im probably gonna repaint it in the future as well
487092_4915943816797_1656818384_n.jpg

Big red, shortly after I bought it;
coll3-1.jpg

After riding rigid for a season, my back was pooched. Chopped up a dep't store bike for the suspension;
redsprung.jpg

My son's chopper, built for the kids bbo'
done1.jpg

Big wheel 2.0 The chopper thats also a spin trike;
frontal2.jpg

More pics in my photobucket; http://s222.beta.photobucket.com/user/rick74304/library/

Rick

Here is the chopper I called Mantis. Sold this one about ten months ago. It was built using various frames and forks. Two sets of forks hold the rear wheel. Most of it was bolted together with only a small bit of welding done near the bottom bracket. I don't weld so have to get it done.

Mantis_2.jpg

Mantis_1.jpg

Made from a Varsity, a girl's Suburban and a Fair Lady. The fork has three layers of tubing in the extension. All butt joints are internally sleeved.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Latest posts

Back