LATE 30'S ROLLFAST DONE!!!! Named ROLLY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LATE 30'S ROLLFAST

Well I just decided that I want to ride this thing. So I'm using a monark springer fork and I'm going to try to get this rolling tonight. I still need a seat tube and a seat since I'm not using the original seat tube. I want something comfortable.

IT'S ALIVE

IMG00244-20110518-1420.jpg

IMG00245-20110518-1420.jpg

IMG00246-20110518-1420.jpg

I'M GOING TO NEED ANOTHER KICKSTAND
CHECK OUT THE KOOZIE WERE THE HORN BUTTON GOES IN THE TANK
I'M NOT CALLING IT DONE YET, I MIGHT ADD A FEW MORE DECALS!

suddenly we have a finished bike?!?! Well almost...
That's scary,
although we still have 2,5 months to go. :wink:

That's an awesome job you did! I like the decals you did. Hope the new ones won't interfere with those. But I'm surprised about the parts. The handlebars. Where did they come from? Pretty nice. As is the spring you've used in the springer. Not standard right..?
Very cool cruiser! 8)

HANDLEBARS I GOT AT A LOCAL BIKE SHOP THEY ARE FOR BMX AND THE FORK IS ALL MONARK ORIGINAL

WELL, I HAD TO MAKE A HARD DECISION YESTERDAY AND IT'S NOW OFFICIAL, I'M CLOSING DOWN THE BAR AT THE END OF THE MONTH AFTER ALMOST 5 YEARS IN BUSINESS. SO I'M CALLING THIS BIKE DONE. THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT FOLLOW THIS BUILD.

Re: LATE 30'S ROLLFAST DONE!!!!

Kinda of a bittersweet moment here....

Bitter because it's sad when when any business has to close, especially when it's one like yours.

Sweet because the bike is, well, SWEEEEEEET!

Good luck to you and thanks for setting the 'finished bike' bar so high!

P.S. Are you going to keep the 'decal' business going?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Kinda of a bittersweet moment here....

Bitter because it's sad when when any business has to close, especially when it's one like yours.

Sweet because the bike is, well, SWEEEEEEET!

Good luck to you and thanks for setting the 'finished bike' bar so high!

P.S. Are you going to keep the 'decal' business going?

Cheers,
Dr. T

thanks! i'll still be making decals since i do them at home.

the good thing is that by the time this is done i'll have a lot miles on this thing, i already broke the chain yesterday but its all good to go again

the bike looks cool, I love cup holders :)

sorry to hear about the bar, they dont close that often where I live(you need like $100,000 to get a liquor license in my county) So if they do shut down they usually sell their liquor license to someone else first.

Thanks man, but I only bought from you the frame. Do you have any parts left?

Man,

A stunning tranformation. This build will be hard to beat.

Nothing like a little fear to spur the rest of us on.

Lokking forward to ordering some decals from you soon.

Walker said:
all parts from that bike are scattered. How did you do at the show?

It was a good day at the show. I got a few decal clients everybody liked the monark and rollfast but it when it came down to the trophy the bike of the day went to a black phantom but a 1996 replica. All I can say is, almost everybody said, who the f?#* was the judge. But I had fun!

karfer67 said:
i love it very clean well done

Thanks! It does have a cable but its for the new departure triplspeed hub and that is a most have in my case since I do ride this on long rides.

I just realized that I had not mentioned the new departure triplspeed conversion unit and how I got it to work. Here it goes, I had the hub with the conversion unit and the shifter lever, I made the chain indicator with a regular size spoke. Just cut it to the right length and hit the side where the chain goes with something heavy, just so you get it flat enough so you can drill a little hole. Then get a sturmey chain indicator remove the chain and install it on the hole on the spoke you just drilled out. Its just to much to explain I'll post some pictures tomorrow

Latest posts

Back