Last one for a while

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm...
Do you have a fax? :lol:

You´re right, this is not the only frame of yours that I would like to duplicate, maybe I´ll give it a try after I move/marry next year.

Gdcast said:
Mmmm...
Do you have a fax? :lol:

You´re right, this is not the only frame of yours that I would like to duplicate, maybe I´ll give it a try after I move/marry next year.
If you ever want to duplicate any of my builds.....take one of my posted pics and borrow one of those projectors that blows a picture on a wall. Then just keep enlarging it till the wheel size is a 26'' . Then tape some large paper on the wall and trace out the frame. Then just bend and weld matching you tracing. Really simple to copy a bike.
ballroomwrecker said:
woho.. I'm lovin this build... great!
Its going to look pretty good I hope . Thanks

Granth said:
bike is lookin really good Uncle. Good tip on the projector as well!

Thanks alot. I decided this morning to weld the BB on. I got finished and looked ....after measuring a bunch and I had it in closer to one side.EEEkk!!! I did find out my welding holds really good. Anyway I cut it back off and put another one on. Figured it was one of those days to go back inside and watch westerns.
I swear I couldn't think of the term overhead projector for the life of me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Very sweet bike, I love it!! I like the idea of the added bar off of the TT for the seat. Did you consider extending the frame over the rear tire like a "fender"? I think it would look pretty cool and it might "nestle" the seat in the dip a little more.

I saw your photobucket and got really depressed. I somehow thought I could build a frame . People like you and Kenny P are so far above the rest of us its unbelievable. You have the skills. I figure that your dad must own a fab shop , because you didn't pick up your skills working at McDonalds. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I bent an all around the tire tube that looked like a fender , but couldn't ever seem to make it work , without doing a long low rear bend around the back tire to catch it at the bottom. If that makes any sense. If I go any lower with the seat It will be too short on the length to the pedals. Would look better though.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok let me write that down....one long bike frame for a over 6' guy ha ha Glad you like it Skip. Its just a fun build to see if I could build around something like that tank.

woo hoo I'm on the list!! Someday we'll work together on a build. That will be fun.

I wonder how much shipping will be on a 8 foot long frame that will hold 300 lbs? :shock: :oops:

Skipton said:
another Killer build! :mrgreen:
Thanks Skipton I do appreciate it.

thatismytruck said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Ok let me write that down....one long bike frame for a over 6' guy ha ha Glad you like it Skip. Its just a fun build to see if I could build around something like that tank.

woo hoo I'm on the list!! Someday we'll work together on a build. That will be fun.

I wonder how much shipping will be on a 8 foot long frame that will hold 300 lbs? :shock: :oops:
The work together is funny, but we will see.

Well I pretty much decided on a color.....maybe

painted001.jpg

Hey thanks yall. I thought I would give Steve a little free advertising . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe I will get some free parts. :lol: :lol:

sticker002.jpg

Thanks Mark. This one will take a little longer than normal...got to cover a seat and then come up with some fork that will complement the build.

Uncle Stretch said:
If you ever want to duplicate any of my builds.....take one of my posted pics and borrow one of those projectors that blows a picture on a wall. Then just keep enlarging it till the wheel size is a 26'' . Then tape some large paper on the wall and trace out the frame. Then just bend and weld matching you tracing. Really simple to copy a bike.

Really good idea with the projector. I was trying to figure out how to make a 26" bike copy in 20' and 16" and now i know how. gotta give that a try.

Never thought about shrinking one by making the wheels 20'' size, but it would work. The entire size of the bike would be reduced. :shock:

Well its getting closer. I figured out I forgot to weld a tab for a kick stand.EEEKKK!!! Oh well I will come up with something. :roll: :roll:

build002.jpg

My "Uncle Stretch" favorite. You may create a buying rush on the those long tanks. Great idea with excellent execution.

What fork are you using?

Latest posts

Back