Lark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
You may have seen my thread looking for Shimano Lark derailleurs and their associated caps. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/derailleur-caps.88894/

This little side hobby grew from necessity when I needed a couple Larks for some bikes. The ones I got were pretty bad off, so I taught myself how to completely tear them down and rebuild them. I've restored probably 6 so far, and today I completed another batch of 7.
A couple of 'Before' in varying degrees of disrepair.
FPYzPt.jpg

9x3XdG.jpg

In process, in the 'hospital'.
FsbN2T.jpg

All back together, ready for bikes. 4 of them have new homes. 3 of them are waiting.
It9FtE.jpg

I have a few caps, but not near enough for them all. I've found what I hope will be good replicas. I'm waiting for some samples to arrive and try them out. Crossing fingers.

Man those are amazing! Like night and day!

How do you get the black plate off? I never knew that part came off, very cool to learn that!

Man those are amazing! Like night and day!

How do you get the black plate off? I never knew that part came off, very cool to learn that!
Flip it upside down, put it in a vice, remove the set screws, pull it to a position you can get in behind the plate, and GENTLY bend the legs straight so it will pull out. I've broken a few legs, so you really have to be careful

Latest posts

Back