LaidBack - TransWorld Motobike Rat - Factory Frame/Fork

Nov 22, 2011
KS

I invite you to visit my Build thread for more details and rationale regarding the outcome of this ‘34 Schwinn The World project. The goal was to recreate a somewhat 30’s period correct deluxe bike, but retain the patina and the ratty look of the bike as originally found.
The guy I got it from was helping a farmer clean out buildings. It was going to be thrown out by the farmer. The younger guy asked for it in partial payment for his labor. He ended up placing it on Facebook Marketplace, in turn I scooped it up.

BUILD THREAD LINK:
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index...d-motobike-rat-patinafication-details.108674/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Quick Build Overview...

LaidBack - TransWorld - MotoBike Rat - RRBBO#14
PARTS LISTING...Parts is Parts Though.
Original Parts: Factory manufactured 1934 Schwinn frame and truss fork, rack, saddle, seat post, crank and chainring, chainguard, skiptooth chain (added one link).
Recycled Parts: Rain gutter fenders, battery tube, cord, pedals, teacup light, Klaxon horn, stem, padlock, reflectors.
New/Repop Parts: Cross braced bars, coke bottle grips, fender braces, leather bag, basket, parrot, tag, motobike decals.
Fabricated Parts: MotoBike hanging tank, reflector bracket, recovered saddle, padlock bracket, various other brackets.
New Repurposed Parts: 700c coaster brake wheelset W/1” pitch adapter cog, WTB Riddler tires, red crown valve caps.
Painted Parts: Colors and finishes were done in an effort to match the existing frame and fork patina.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
The tank construction and RaT-ina and use of the old iron fabric cord are my favorite parts of this multi-RaT-cited build!

My favorite build of yours to date (parrot not-with-standing ;) ). And the tires are awesome on there, btw. :thumbsup:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
As always, you have produced another first class build. More details and doodads than you can shake a parrot at!!! Thanks for keeping the build off rolling along with your 14K post thread!!!!
Great build my friend!!
Very well done!!

You already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazdaFlyer
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Interesting, I posted the “LTMR” final photo on Facebook on the Old Bikes Club page and the Rat Rod Bikes page, with different responses. Go figure...
OBC = 116 Likes of some kind.
RRB = 47 Likes of some kind.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Machine Age Victim’s Award for Mechanical Excellence, don’t think I can afford the shop rates so I’ll stick with doing my own work. I will treasure this recognition for ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk