Ladies Firestone Super Cruiser - what to do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up an original ladies Firestone super cruiser with the intent of restoring for the wife. All parts are there except the tank. Unfortunately there is a small rust hole in the downtube of the frame.

Options:
Fill hole with weld/filler and continue on.
Strip monark fork and fenders and use to build up a worksman frame
Find a replacement Firestone frame

What would the experts from the ratrod community do?

Don't have much in the Firestone, so the fork, fenders, chain guard, rear rack, saddle, and head badge would easily double/triple up my investment so far.

The worksman frame is fully stripped down to bare metal so it's a blank canvas.

It's a great source to feed almost any build.
Anything is possible

a12983801_259545201053438_7716580791083885849_o (1).jpg
58405_36724165d94d9f1a27fca06c4fe35fa7.jpg

I like that build. My Firestone has the monark fork and I have the rocket emblem on the front fender. I like monark springers on worksman builds so I am thinking marrying up the two may be the best option. I think the frame may be too compromised to repair.

A good welder/fabricator can fix your frame if it's not to bad, but that depends on how much cash you want to drop on it.

Oh my gosh King, i am so in love with that bike. If at any point, you ever get tired of it and just want to donate it to a worthy cause, then u let me know...... not sure what worthy cause it would be but I can think up something if it comes down to it lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Take the parts off of your Firestone and create your own. The hardest part is the tank, but I think I documented that enough that someone else should be able to mount it up from my example.

Latest posts

Back