la cucaracha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope... its all stock new departure model d 2 speed
theres one a a cycle truck they have at college cyclery (have a million pics of that one from when i was trying to figure out how to put it together and get her to shift :roll:

Some how I have missed this build. VERY COOL.....I like your selection of parts and that tank is perfect.

Your workmanship does not need to be "cleaned" up. It looks perfect the way it is.

well since shes going out on a cruise tomorrow i guess id better bring this to a close :mrgreen:
heres some of the finished pics(ill post some better ones when theres some light out.......
lacucarachafinal005.jpg

lacucarachafinal006.jpg

lacucarachafinal007.jpg

fun while it lasted but.......... on to the next!!!!

Nice job. Everything was selected just perfect for this bike. Is that an original Sweetheart skiptooth painted? Looks different and better than chrome would.

thanks for the positive comments :mrgreen:
nahhhhh.it just 1930s ni-cad plating that i cleaned up alot. im kind of a purist when it comes to old parts i clean and call it good

well i was waiting for karfer to post his pics from the last cruise-o-rama to steal a shot of my bike(he a much better photographer) but since i havent heard from him in awhile.... heres some where you can actually see the bike........
lacucaracha014.jpg

lacucaracha011.jpg

lacucaracha010.jpg

and someone asked for a shot of my seat set up so here ya go........
lacucaracha012.jpg

just a stock prewar seat post(lucky 7 type if that helps at all flipped over so the long part is clamped to the seat and the short part is in the seat tube)

Very nice, i just found a hawthorne that is very similar. I hope it comes out as nice as yours

Reminds me of when "Ferris" is talking about the Ferrari. "It is so choice...if you ever have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." The seat makes the bike.

wow......havent seen this in awhile(sorry i didnt say thanks sooner just noticed there were alot of posts id missed here :shock: )
the seat.......i agree does help this bike alot!
and thanks for all the compliments everyone(this ones still my favorite to ride)

Latest posts

Back