Kustom Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
IMG_3429.JPG
picked this bike up at the swap in Haysville last Sunday in pieces. Today she's a rider.
I still need to get brake pads though.

Very nice! With a Jerald Slick in the back too! Much thicker than the 24x1.75 it came with!
I couldn't get the fenders to work with it because of how fat the tire is.
I may try a couple other fenders to se if I can make it work. Otherwise I think it looks cool without fenders.

I may try a couple other fenders to se if I can make it work. Otherwise I think it looks cool without fenders.
Google up "Felt Shorty". It's a 26" fender, but you may be able to bend it so it hugs the tire a little better.

felt-bicycles-shorty-fender-set-195565-1.jpg

I came up with a thought. I'm betting that it was the fender braces that wouldn't allow for the fatter tire? You could either:

A) Remove the braces and cover the holes with either a fender screw or a small piece of chrome tape.

B) Find a Huffy Super Stock rear fender. They were 24", but they didn't require a fender brace.

Found this. Personally, I think the guy is high, asking so much for a set that has screwed up chrome, but some people think they are sitting on gold. Maybe if you just watch it, he'll bring the price down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Vintag...351415?hash=item5447880cf7:g:5CoAAOSwrhBZFN--
Good looking out CRASH, that's pretty local to me as well. Maybe I could pick em up.
I've decided to really go full custom with this build. All because of a fork I was given by a good friend of mine.
Check out THE VIOLATOR in the build off threads.

Latest posts

Back