Kustom Coaster III (Completed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kustom Coaster III (Stock vs Kustom)

pick said:
I like the starting point on the door graphics. The style of the flames is perfect! 8)

jats said:
cool mirror and cooler flames!!!!

Troy
Thanks guys. Flames may get put on hold for different graphic effect. To many of them showing up. Time will tell.
Anyway started putting drive train together. 46T chainring and 21T S/A cog with 3/16" BMX chain.
vugunese.jpg
u3emyze4.jpg
u6ymava6.jpg

Re: Kustom Coaster III (Stock vs Kustom)

A few new tweaks to the Kustom Coaster, new bell and idea for stick shift. Have it thought out just need to incorporate a few changes to door panel top filler.
yte4upeg.jpg
esy9une2.jpg
sutu7uje.jpg
4uqu8y4e.jpg

If it works shifter mount to follow along with cable routing. Door panel graphics ready to experiment with. Could be flames and graphic or just graphic.

Re: Kustom Coaster III (Assembly Stuff)

Spent some time with shifter idea this AM. Set up drill for shifter shaft hole, drilled it, cut shaft out of excess seat post and drilled cable routing hole.
jenu5a8a.jpg
sagerupu.jpg
ujyra8as.jpg
senahy8e.jpg
8apa9a4a.jpg

Then I sanded and repainted the console panel filler. Also repainted chain guard as it got scuffed up in last mockup assembly.

Your fit and finish is always so good.
Glad you decided to go with something better that masking tape for the shifter. Cool idea and location.

kingfish254 said:
Your fit and finish is always so good.
Glad you decided to go with something better that masking tape for the shifter. Cool idea and location.
Hey thanks KF, thought about duct tape, but steel trumps tape. Since a lot of build flames are showing up, think I've decided to head in a different direction. Here is one color of a door panel graphic. Couple more to be added.
ete6evet.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Yes I like the graphic better than flames.

+1 After seeing the graphics, I like them better than the flames also. Looking good Ed!

pick said:
aka_locojoe said:
Yes I like the graphic better than flames.

+1 After seeing the graphics, I like them better than the flames also. Looking good Ed!
Thanks guys. Put the shifter together and added some accent paint to console, tried to match wheels.
bypene8e.jpg
py6etajy.jpg

Hail recovery update: one car fixed, roofing and gutters replaced, most of the siding and trim damaged was replaced today, should be completed Friday along with a replacement patio door. Still have a couple of windows, 9 window screens and two cars to be repaired. Oh to be normal for a while. I guess this bike build is keeping me sane.

Added Bell Wireless Cyclocomputer to console mockup. Don't want to use zip ties or adhesive to mount it. Guess I need to add a bracket extension to console. Sender and receiver seem to work OK as positioned. It has a calorie counter and temperature function. High tech rat rod? Have thought about adding a shifter knob, but after doing the mockup, think I will leave it stock. Porkchoppd Custom Bicycles logo on right side of shifter, a LBS who sourced many of the parts on bike.
hu6anuga.jpg
6esybyhu.jpg
dena3yge.jpg

Shifter turned out great.
The green should tie the wheels into the build much better too.

Great idea for the shifter mount.
I have to admit that at first I wasn't too keen on the door panels. But after seeing the mock up, I think they're awesome!

Beautiful build! 8) :!:

Thanks X 3 to last posts!
Got out my Kustom Kruiser Glide with original paint today and cleaned it up. Took a couple of shots to compare factory version with Rat Rod version. Factory version has a few upgrades. Anyway here are the brothers...finishing up door panels.
2uqasu4u.jpg
du8uquzu.jpg

Door panels in progress, series of three decals.
y8azahyj.jpg
esubu2aj.jpg
na8udy4u.jpg
etasesyv.jpg
tyhyze4u.jpg
geqyny2y.jpg

Re: Kustom Coaster III (Door Panel Graphics)

Wicked work on the triple decal!!
How did you get those?

This one I have to keep my eyes on.

Love the door idea, then the paint and graphics on them.

So when it all comes together going to be a definite one of a kind.
Although with the crazy creative people here there is no guarantee that a differing version doesn't appear from the ideaosphere.

dracothered said:
Did you make those decals yourself or have them made for you?

kingfish254 said:
Wicked work on the triple decal!!
How did you get those?
One of my LBS's referred me to Apple Graphix, a local storefront graphics shop. They do a lot of stuff for their size. They also do screen printing.
Having 3 separate transfers made the registering a bit iffy. One panel is done. Still thinking about the concept of being asymmetrical with the left side in flames surrounding a smaller version of the same graphic.

Latest posts

Back