KRAZY ORANGE DRAGSTER is now DRAGSTER RAT FREAK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found an old chainguard that kind of matches the tank.
DSCN0858.JPG

Just noticed the upside down Schwinn head badge! Perfect for this build.

Get someone smaller than a 'reallybigtim' to ride this and document it.
Ride Vid! **clap clap** Ride Vid! *clap clap*!
cheerleader.jpg

Before anyone asks to see a video of me riding this thing........remember that there are only 2 stipulations necessary to enter this competition. "rideable and pedal powered" My build is obviously pedal powered, and it is rideable (down a hill........without pedaling). The rules never ask "how rideable", so, almost barely rideable falls into the category of "rideable". Therefore, it qualifies for this build-off, without me having to prove that I can ride this absolutely and completely unrideable pile of junk parts.

Before anyone asks to see a video of me riding this thing........remember that there are only 2 stipulations necessary to enter this competition. "rideable and pedal powered" My build is obviously pedal powered, and it is rideable (down a hill........without pedaling). The rules never ask "how rideable", so, almost barely rideable falls into the category of "rideable". Therefore, it qualifies for this build-off, without me having to prove that I can ride this absolutely and completely unrideable pile of junk parts.
I like it but this thing is just crying out to have the BB moved way forward when I look at it. You could even keep the OG sprocket location to curve the chain line around the rear chain stays.

I like it but this thing is just crying out to have the BB moved way forward when I look at it. You could even keep the OG sprocket location to curve the chain line around the rear chain stays.
I agree, but I don't want to weld on this nice original frame.

I agree, but I don't want to weld on this nice original frame.
Has anyone tried to clamp on a bottom bracket with kee clamps? (Just google the name; this are the kind of clamps I used on my last years BO bike to make it a folder...)

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

This looks amazing!
Before anyone asks to see a video of me riding this thing........remember that there are only 2 stipulations necessary to enter this competition. "rideable and pedal powered" My build is obviously pedal powered, and it is rideable (down a hill........without pedaling).
:21:
That rule might need a tweak in the future?

If we forget about the build-off (and the "pedal powered" requirement) the low BB on these lowriders could be simply eliminated - the addition of an electric motor and the replacement of the crankarms with pegs in combination with a thumb throttle. A hub motor won't even need a chain.

I love that rack there, gives it even a racing look.

If we forget about the build-off (and the "pedal powered" requirement) the low BB on these lowriders could be simply eliminated - the addition of an electric motor and the replacement of the crankarms with pegs in combination with a thumb throttle. A hub motor won't even need a chain.

I love that rack there, gives it even a racing look.
Yeah, but then we wouldn't be able to call them 'bicycles'. :cool:
Being pedal driven sets them apart from motorcycles, and walking.

Just realized that I entered the wrong finished pictures of this bike. Should have been the ones with the Shelby tank on it. Oh well. I certainly don't do this for the votes. This bike has received vast amounts of notoriety on other sites. And, all of the sudden, I am seeing a lot of other builders flip the springers on their builds. It was not my idea originally, but I do feel that I have brought the idea to light for many builders whom had not seen it previously. I do believe that I was the first to install a headlight on the steering head. Here are the pictures that I meant to use:
DSCN0853.JPG
DSCN0854.JPG
DSCN0859.JPG

Latest posts

Back