Kommet coaster brake wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My question is are they good, wanted, or very valuable? I think I read somewhere on here about them but can't find it.
Thanks.

I don't think they are very valuable - compared. to new departure hubs
But the finish is as good or better
Parts -useable (not all worn out)

Again easier to work on? Been over 20 years since I opened one up! But I was able to retrieve that hub from so many years ago-relaced. it.spins 3 times better than ND.hope to be able to find front hub with low rolling resistance as well. For now I plan to use Schwinn drum in front for my next build

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458951375013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1458951375013.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for input. I have a wheel set with the Kommet Super rear coaster brake. I was trying to decide if to sell ( and how much). Or just throw it on a beater.

Again easier to work on? Been over 20 years since I opened one up! But I was able to retrieve that hub from so many years ago-relaced. it.spins 3 times better than ND.hope to be able to find front hub with low rolling resistance as well. For now I plan to use Schwinn drum in front for my next build

There are some nice new cartridge bearing hubs around for not a bunch of $

I bought the skiptooth gear for the Komet. Threw it on then removed it and took the Komet off hoop and tossed it. Spun real good but hub had issues like too much backpedal to stop. Maybe one day ill find a good one. Its back to ND. For now. Tried a morrow but after half a dozen rides put that in the attic

Latest posts

Back