Knock off Red Chopper restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple people were asking about my red chopper build. Finished it last summer before I got involved with the RRB group, and I don't have a lot of pictures of the process. Found it at a garage sale with an engine on it and over-spray all over the bike. It looked like total junk, but was sound and I thought the engine could be re-built. So I got it for a whopping $45.
Chopper_B4.jpg

So the motor got re-built and is waiting for a frame and the bike got completely overhauled. I wanted it to be red with polished chrome so I spent a whole summer polishing the chrome pieces with super fine steel wool to get the over-spray off. Basically anything chrome or silver on the bike needed to be buffed up. I had the frame professionally re-painted by the automotive department at a tech school my aunt works at. Unfortunately they couldn't do the color I wanted but this red was my next choice.
IMG_20200308_141006748.jpg

The original seat was ripped and sissy bar was pretty scratched up so I replaced those two parts, and got a new kickstand which I can't stand but it was the only one that I could find to hold the bike up. Overall the bike is pretty much done aside from needing some new rubbers and a better looking kickstand. I'll probably take it out in the next few weeks for some glam shots around town! Below are the rest of the up-close pictures. Let me know what you think!
IMG_20200308_141055744.jpg

IMG_20200308_141052430.jpg
IMG_20200308_141046186.jpg

IMG_20200308_141102152.jpg

Latest posts

Back