Kngtmat BMX

Discussion in 'VINTAGE BMX' started by kngtmat, Jan 7, 2013.

1. kngtmat

kngtmat

Murray X24 minus the rear wheel & tires, it's not in great condition with chrome off the frame & stuff but hey I got it for nothing.

Before I got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After but there is still some work to do on a few spots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LIVE TO RIDE

LIVE TO RIDE

Drop that thing in a wood bleach bath for 24 hours and all that rust will be gone.Score on the og seat to with no cracks.

3. Araya51

Araya51

Nice score.!!! I want to see how this one comes out after your done with it...

4. Zumo

Zumo

Very nice score. I didn't realize these bikes existed until recently. When I was a kid I wasn't too concerned with Murray bikes because I was drooling over GT, Schwinn and Redlines. I am looking for a 24" right now too but don't really have the funds to buy one right now. so it's pretty cool you got a free one! The one I really want is a 1986 Mongoose Pro Class 24. I just love the way it looks. Hope you can bring some life back into this one.

5. plankowner

plankowner

I had one of those in my garage earlier this past year. Sadly it was way too far gone to save. I stripped the good stuff off of it and scrapped the rest. I believe i still have the rear hub for the bike but the rim was rusted out. Let me know if you need that hub!

6. kngtmat

kngtmat

Sorry I'm late because sometimes I forget things, this bike would have to be put off for a long time along with most of my bikes since I am trying to sell almost everything I have to buy a 1950 Dodge but of course I am keeping this bike.

I have 20 inch Lester mags I got for $20 awhile back that can go on it but this bike if ever I got into enough money it would have to be re-chromed. The weird thing is some of the chrome is flaking or is already off yet the bottom bracket & headset including the bearings are good.

The chrome as you can see is almost all gone on the handlebars and is separated on the sprocket yet hasn't fallen off.

7. kngtmat

kngtmat

Ridable update on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Chad T, RustyGold and Captain Awesome like this.
  8. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Captain Awesome likes this.
  9. kngtmat

kngtmat

Thanks. I have done that before. But it never worked. I had Photobucket until their limit having to pay extra. Which now Flickr is doing the same thing until a certain number.