KLUNKER Action Gallery- Trophy Picture.

cman

Moderator
Dec 4, 2006
10,823
841
Boise,ID
I was ask to judge the Klunker Sub-buildoff. I wanted to be more than just the bike, so some riding (and costume?) were added to the criteria.

Please post your shots below with a link to your build. Post them up by 11pm August 9. I will announce the winner Sunday evening.




Working on the Trophy.

 

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
27,774
25,441
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Great trophy going on there!!
I am definitely signing up for updates to this thread!!
Way to go Jats!
 
May 4, 2012
2,251
520
55
Oregon high desert
kingfish254 said:
Great trophy going on there!!
I am definitely signing up for updates to this thread!!
Way to go Jats!
thanks B :D :D :D :D :D

Troy
 
Sep 30, 2011
273
114
Long Island, NY
Here is my entry. A 1959 Columbia middle weight straight bar with a Schwinn set of truss rods and fork. 7 speed rear and 3 piece cranks, also a front drum brake and Brooks saddle and 3 inch riser bars. My first Klunker and I love riding it. I did 20 miles one day and even though I had a sore butt, the Klunker worked great.
link to the build.. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72229
59 Kolumbia Klunker
 
May 4, 2012
2,251
520
55
Oregon high desert
bebopblu said:
Here is my entry. A 1959 Columbia middle weight straight bar with a Schwinn set of truss rods and fork. 7 speed rear and 3 piece cranks, also a front drum brake and Brooks saddle and 3 inch riser bars. My first Klunker and I love riding it. I did 20 miles one day and even though I had a sore butt, the Klunker worked great.
link to the build.. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72229
59 Kolumbia Klunker
sweet bike!!!
 

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Moderator
Jul 1, 2010
8,098
1,372
44
Roanoke Rapids, NC
You can go to my build thread or finished thread to see the earlier "slide" photos that I tried to take last week, I wasn't happy with them. This being my day off I hit the woods, only this time alone with my GoPro set to take photos every .5 seconds. Once again, it rained HARD last night, so conditions were poor, all the rain this year has put lots of grass on the trail and enough excuses. I did dress up again, and it was HOT and HUMID today, so enjoy:









Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72008

Finished Thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=75459
 

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Moderator
Jul 1, 2010
8,098
1,372
44
Roanoke Rapids, NC
kingfish254 said:
Looks cool yoots.
Thanks, as I was racing down the trail towards the camera (over and over) I was thinking about the picture we are supposed to be emulating. That guy has his right foot on the pedal and left foot down off the pedal. On each approach I struggled with the right foot down because I have, since a child, done coaster brake slides with my left foot down. Then it hit me, the guy in the photo isn't running a coaster!!!! Argh! :x
 
May 4, 2012
2,251
520
55
Oregon high desert
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Looks cool yoots.
Thanks, as I was racing down the trail towards the camera (over and over) I was thinking about the picture we are supposed to be emulating. That guy has his right foot on the pedal and left foot down off the pedal. On each approach I struggled with the right foot down because I have, since a child, done coaster brake slides with my left foot down. Then it hit me, the guy in the photo isn't running a coaster!!!! Argh! :x
:lol: cool pics!! love the out fit!!

Troy
 

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Moderator
Jul 1, 2010
8,098
1,372
44
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Thanks, I went to the thrift store and asked around, but no denim jackets could be found. I actually went into my 9 year old daughter's closet and "tried on" her denim jacket, haha, I should've been singing "Fat guy in a little coat..."
 

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
27,774
25,441
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
She's the only one with hair flowing in the wind like the reference photo. Proves that she has some speed.
 

cman

Moderator
Dec 4, 2006
10,823
841
Boise,ID
The pictures are looking good.

Progress on the trophy. I used bike tubes to wrap the mount.

 
May 4, 2012
2,251
520
55
Oregon high desert
cman said:
The pictures are looking good.

Progress on the trophy. I used bike tubes to wrap the mount.

the trophy is looking cool!!!! thank you :D

Troy
 
Apr 9, 2013
236
93
33
Cadiz, KY
Remember the winner of the Klunker comp/photo contest also takes home a pair of red Moose Racing moto bars courtesy of my undying love for klunk culture!!
 
May 4, 2012
2,251
520
55
Oregon high desert
way cool!!! on the bars some one is gonna be upgrading!!!!!!!

Troy
 

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS