Kingfish254's PRE-RRB BO 7 Dream Board "CUZ I CAN"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
I am looking forward to seeing what you do with that. You already have a motor on the back. Maybe convert the rear wheel to a paddleboat wheel and mount a couple of water skis up front? :shock:

That frame and front end combo are so bizarre, it is definitely going to be fun to watch your build.

Actually I have been thinking of a more old-school, can am roadster / dragster build, with a little bit of steam punk influence.

Picked up this old tandem tonight with big ole apes and a newer 3 speed wheelset.

The more and more I wrap my head around this frame, I think it will be my build off bike. I had planned to make a lay on your belly board tracker / salt flats racer by making a homemade longtail with the rear triangle from a Next suspension bike. This frame may work even better!!!

I plan on not using the front crank and pedalling with the rear crank. My seat / belly board is going to be an old wooden water ski, with my rear about where the front seat and rear handlebars are on this tandem.

Think of a limo stretch board tracker with a gigantic stretch banana seat / belly board!!!! :shock: 8) :mrgreen:

tandem.jpg

gcrank1 said:
Gonna put nerf bars or skate wheels on your knees?

Shouldn't need either. I will still be riding high enough to keep my knees clear.

Did a little photo editing to get an image of the tandem with the seats, bars, and front crank removed.

tandem2.jpg

I agree that these frames make awesome stretch choppers or even recumbent cruiser, but I have seen both of those done before.

Here is a VVVEEERRRYYYYYYY ROUGH idea of what I have in mind.

tandem2-Copyb.jpg

Or maybe I have two sets of bars and keep both cranks and I can switch between the two riding positions.

tandem2-Copyc.jpg

gcrank1 said:
Or how about your drag/cafe position (that just sounds weird...) ,bars to the middle seat or steer post and a sprocket drive to the front steertube and fork?

Kota did that steering arrangement on one of his recumbent rats.
Plus that would out still be a typical cafe style riding position, rather than the almost drag postion I am looking for.

Keep the ideas and feedback coming though. It keeps me thinking.

Surfed around for some photos for inspiration.

273.jpg

TomWEB1.jpg

bike_02.jpg

dollar.jpg

vintagedays2.jpg

Batpod.jpg

triumph2enginedragster.jpg

coolestHRDdragster.jpg

sprintman.jpg

2993.jpg

Harley20Davidson203_641e99fd476abca7.jpg

fastestindian2.jpg

German20sidecar20team20at20the20bonneville20salt20flats20note20the20position20of20the20female20sidecar20passengers20head.jpg

Flexisidecar_02_800-700x525.jpg

Flexisidecar_01_800-700x525.jpg

imperious_rex.jpg

bcycle.jpg

Posted some more inspiration photos.

Great pics ! Does this mean your gonna put a motor on that dude? 8) :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
Great pics ! Does this mean your gonna put a motor on that dude? 8) :mrgreen:

There would surely be room up front since I am not planning to have the front crank.
But no, no motor plans at this time.

I have some more 24x3 creme Thick Bricks on the way. They are a very close color match to my 26 creme Fat Franks.
I think I am going to use a Fat Frank up front and 24x3 Thick Bricks on the rear of the bike and the sidecar.
MO FATTA MO BETTA

tvc15 said:
How wide are those thick bricks, are they a true 3"?

I don't know, I haven't mounted them yet.

Now that I have the creme 24x3 Thick Bricks, I think that I will end up lacing this 5 Speed SA Hub to the 24" front rim of an OCC.
I need to set this hub and shifter up in a rig to see if there is any way that I can make one of my NOS Muscle bike shifters work for it.

EDIT: SOLD
DSCI0413.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back