Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 7/21 Drill Press, Tools, Dep Dawg Badge

dragnusa said:
How do you get so lucky?

I guess that fact that I am out there every Saturday morning increases my odds. But this stuff came from 5 different yard sales.
Drill press 20, Drill 5, various package deal with some other stuff at the other sales that the remainder was another 5.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 7/24 Rat Fink Seat + Grips

Getting this Rat Fink seat and grips from MIGZ
(USED on Fat Fink II, but kept after I sold my other Fat Fink Beast parts)

041ed.jpg

039dkc.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/3 Half Helmet (now customized)

Last weekend I picked up this motorcycle half helmet for only $5.
Just finished customizing it for my Build Off 7 entry Flex-Liner 7.
(SOLD with Flexy)

WP_000261.jpg

WP_000262.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/13 Schwinn Exerciser Curb Alert

Did one of my regular looks on CL bikes and saw this CURB ALERT photo tonight!!!!
(SOLD for parts)

5I45E45J33Ib3M63N4c8d23559400390e1f255b15d.jpg

Less than an hour later I took this photo.

WP_000272.jpg

Guess I will be having another Schwinn Exerciser part out in the near future.

EDIT: I just finished breaking this one down for parts and scrap metal.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/16 Phat Chopper

Found this on CL today. It's a Phat Coach Class Chopper with two foot apes on it.
How do you like the freaky clown picture the guy had posted on CL?
The chrome is in good shape and so is the bike. Pretty cool deal.
(SOLD)
5I35Lb5Ge3Ee3I63Nbc8g4775d81a1cd41ad6.jpg

5Nf5L85K23M33Je3H9c8gb8de19731bb81e7b.jpg

WP_000276.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/16 Phat Chopper

I saw that frame design on a beach cruiser (the over under top and down tubes) cool frame, but with matching size wheels I would have a hard time calling it a chopper, which in my mind is a good thing, more people will buy a cruiser than a chopper.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/18 Another Exercise Bike and Trek

Picked up this nice ladies Trek with Kryto lock, basket, light, bike rack, floor pump, and pannier bag for a steal.
(SOLD Trek and acessories)

5Lc5G35E63Gb3L73M3c8i334da0d73c5b1eaf.jpg

Also picked up this exercise bike for $5. I have already broken this one down for parts and scrap metal.
(SOLD parts)

WP_000277.jpg

Holy smokes! The rack that she threw in is a Saris that costs $120-150 new and it is in basically new shape.
(SOLD rack)

WP_000282.jpg

Here is the other stuff that was thrown in with the Trek . This was a great haul from CL less than an hour after she posted!!

Kryptonite Keeper Lock ($15 new)
WP_000286.jpg

Serfas Floor pump ($40-60 new) like new shape.
WP_000285.jpg

Wald front basket ($20 new)
(SOLD)
WP_000284.jpg

Bontrager City Grocery Pannier Bag ( unused) ($50 new)
(SOLD)
WP_000287.jpg

Planet Bike Beamer headlight ($25 new) like new shape
WP_000283.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/18 Ramshorn bars grips and stem

Geting these Ramshorn bars grips and stem from lopo68

Time to start saving up parts for BO8!!!

(USED on Firewing)
SOLD

100_1012.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/18 Exerciser+Trek+Parts+Bolts+Ramshorn

Picked up a new Serfas cruiser seat and new pedals for only $4.
(SOLD pedals for $10)
WP_000280.jpg

This random lot of stuff including a great (in my mind) bucket o bolts. for a grand total of $3
Cool pirate skull and crossed swords belt buckle that would make a great headbadge.

WP_000279.jpg

And finally this 24" free spirit bike for $5. I have already stripped it down for parts and scrap metal. I thought the seat and grips were cool.
(SOLD parts)

WP_000278.jpg

There is something therapeutic about simply stripping a bike down for parts. No real thought involved (except contimplating what you could use a part for). It is a 180 degree difference from the build off. Nice way to chill out, listen to some tunes and have a cold one.

WOW! I just ran the numbers on the "EXTRAS" that were thrown in with the Trek purchase and they total about $300.
Well worth the 4 block ride I had to make to get there. :p 8)

It's been a great CL week. Two exercise bikes, a Phat chopper, a Free Spirit parts bike, a Trek flip bike with $300 in accessories for a grand total of $105.

duncan said:
Super deal on those rams horn bars. You beat me to them by about 10 minuets!

Thanks, I have always thought that they are pretty cool. Can't wait to figure out what build to put them on in the future.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 8/21 BOA G Tires Almost DB Formula 1 BMX

Saw this on CL and thought I was getting a deal on a cool old school BMX bike. Diamond Back Formula 1

diamondbackformula.jpg

Turns out it is a bike shop that is closing down, so I also picked up these BOA G tires for a good package deal.

WP_000297.jpg

Once I unloaded the bike, I noticed that the frame was really torqued in a bad way up front. Turned around and went back to the shop and worked out a refund where the BOAs were still a good deal. I hope to get some more cool stuff when they get closer to officially closing shop.

CRASH said:
Score on those Boas! Maybe you can score some tools from the shop when it closes down?

That's what I am hoping.

kingfish254 said:
Saw this on CL and thought I was getting a deal on a cool old school BMX bike. Diamond Back Formula 1

Turns out it is a bike shop that is closing down, so I also picked up these BOA G tires for a good package deal.

WP_000297.jpg

Once I unloaded the bike, I noticed that the frame was really torqued in a bad way up front. Turned around and went back to the shop and worked out a refund where the BOAs were still a good deal. I hope to get some more cool stuff when they get closer to officially closing shop.

ARE YOU RE-SELLING THE BOA G'S - LET ME KNOW :)

I probably will sell some of them, but don't have to time to deal with them just yet.
I will let you know in a week or so.

Received my RRB shirt in the mail today for pulling together the alphabetical list for BO7 voting.

WP_000298.jpg

Latest posts

Back