Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 11/1 2 More Vintage Coolers

When it rains it poors. I picked up two more vintage metal coolers. The smaller one (first photo) will be going on the back of Fugsley.

KGrHqNiEE6Grcgp8TBOk5IuCdQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqNgsE5tMucSQBOp4bEfIl60_12.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 11/19 Schwinn Exerciser, Carbide Lamps

Nice score today, but I missed one. I saw a guy loading a nice ladies Schwinn America with pink and chrome half tank and chrome fenders with light and rack. All of the chrome was nice. He bought it for $10. I would guess late 1950s. EDIT: The guy that found the American already has it on CL for $250 (http://savannah.craigslist.org/bik/2711029871.html).

Schwinn Exerciser
(Parts SOLD on RRB)
WP_000750.jpg

WP_000751.jpg

2 Crutch Sissy Bars
WP_000752.jpg

Tank material and a bucket full of Carbide Head Lamps
(Gave one of the Carbide Lamps as part of RRBBO7 Prize Pot)
WP_000753.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 11/25 Another OCC

I forgot to post it and I also forgot to post a photo, but I picked up another OCC Stingray for $20.
I have been running an ad that Yoothgeye gave me in my craigslist for a while. This guy responded a few weeks back and finally decided to sell it to me for my parts price of $20. I didn't need it and it is rusty as heck, but I will be able to use it one way or another.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 01/23 Lights

Picked this up from RRBer sloar. Pictures don't really do it justice. This is a very cool and nice big spotlight from a firetruck. I am setting it aside for my future salt flats sidecar build.
(Converted to light for Flexy)
0115121038a.jpg

Picked up another one of these lights for a buck at a yard sale.
IMG_4837.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 01/26 Big Hanks

Thanks to a Groupn at my LBS, I picked up a pair of red line Bontrager Big Hanks (26x2.2) for only $32.
(Used for Flexy)
WP_000933.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 11/19 Schwinn Exerciser, Carbide Lamps

After the success of using skateboards and fiberglass water skis on a couple of builds, I have been running a WANTED ad on craigslist for old wooden water skis. Someone finally replied and I will soon have three Cypress Gardens wooden water skis from the 70s. Obviously these will be good for racks, but the main thing that I want to try it to make a banana seat out of one. I may even try to make a sissy bar out of one. I'll post photos when I pick them up next weekend.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 01/26 Big Hanks

kingfish254 said:
Thanks to a Groupn at my LBS, I picked up a pair of red line Bontrager Big Hanks (26x2.2) for only $32.
WP_000933.jpg

SCORE! 8)

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 1/28 - Schwinn Black Phantom

Picked up a Schwinn Black Phantom for CHEAP today. No kidding. Photos to follow.

Here's my Schwinn Black Phantom yard sale find.
SOLD

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

Last edited:

That's pretty cool, so how functional is it? Wheels turn, how about crank and chain? Springer work?

Is this one of those Franklin Mint deals that you buy out of the back of a magazine "3 easy payments"?

yoothgeye said:
That's pretty cool, so how functional is it? Wheels turn, how about crank and chain? Springer work?

Is this one of those Franklin Mint deals that you buy out of the back of a magazine "3 easy payments"?

It's the Xonex die cast that goes for about $40 on ebay. The crank chain and wheel work. the handlebars adjust. The springer will work, but someone must have made it work too well because the for stem is broke at the bottom. I will have to put a little super glue there. I could try to flip it :mrgreen: but I think I am just going to display it in my shop somewhere. I only paid $7 for it. This is about as close to a Black Phantom as I think I will get.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 1/31 - Two Foot Apes

Just realized that I had $34 left on an Amazon Gift Card account from a couple of years ago. I figured I needed to use it before I forgot about it for another two years.
Just ordered these 23.5" Nirve Ape Hangers.
http://www.amazon.com/Nirve-Cruiser-Bic ... 141&sr=8-6

I have no idea what bike they will end up on, but everyone needs to have a 2 foot ape around.
(USED on Fat Fink II)

kingfish254 said:
Just realized that I had $34 left on an Amazon Gift Card account from a couple of years ago. I figured I needed to use it before I forgot about it for another two years.

I have no idea what bike they will end up on, but everyone needs to have a 2 foot ape around.

Those are in my wish list, you sent them to my address right?

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Those are in my wish list, you sent them to my address right?

Priority Mail, so keep an eye out for them!

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 1/31 - Banana Seat and Sissy Bar

Just paid for these from a fellow RRBer. I have no idea what bike they will be for, but I was in a simian mood today. After buying the apes, I had to get a banana for them.

010912163027.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 2/1 - Fuiji Cruiser for parts

Picked this up last night for $10. Chain is rusted solid, but still enough parts to make it worth it.
Nice Swing Grip handle bar extension for computers and lights and such.
Cool chainring. The wheelset is actually in good shape. plus more.
Decent front basket.
PARTED OUT
WP_000994.jpg

WP_000995.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 2/2 Cannondale C400

Picked up this Cannondale C400 tonight. I had planned on tuning it up for my tenant, but she decided she liked the white and red Walmart Schwinn better. This is a win-win situation because I can make $150-200 off of the Cannondale.
(SOLD)

IMAG0052.jpg

You found some cool stuff lately! :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
You found some cool stuff lately! :D

Thanks. And I sold some cool stuff in the Sale forum too. Now I have more money to buy cool stuff that I can either use or sell to get more money for more cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back