Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 8/27 - Distressed Leather + Tank

These make excellent drop cloths under a bike when you are working on it and especially when you are cleaning it and greasy crap is dripping all over. These are the retractable storage covers for the rear of an SUV. I have one from my old Jeep Grand Cherokee that I removed from the rollup contraption that I use all of the time. Picked up these two to dismantle and use for a buck a piece. The plastic is textured so it doesn't get slippery and they stand up to all kind of chemicals and abuse.
IMG_2456.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 8/27 - Pipe Benders

Picked these up from a fellow RRBer
(The chainguard was modified and painted and used for Flex-Liner 7 on RRBBO7)

WP_000181.jpg

Also picked up a 54 Chevy flying bird hood ornament from Double Nickle. I plan to put it on my future Salt Flats Sidecar.

Bought this beer helmet ($1) for the siren/microphone. Maybe I can rig up the can holder and drinking tubes to the skateboard back of BEER RUN???

Photo_EEE21986-80F2-5B36-B7AA-F3E323A17423.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 8/27 - Beer Helmet Siren + Flip Bikes

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 8/27 - Beer Helmet Siren + Flip Bikes

I got that exact Trek (only in burgandy/silver) out of someone's trash, it was REAL rough, it's the frame I'm using for my SS MTB, using 26" Araya wheels and an old Tange rigid fork, gotta figure out what to do about rear breaks since the bike is set up for 700s.

Love that Hardrock, I could probably sell that here for about, $50, if I was lucky. haha

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/7 - Exercise Chainring

Picked this up from tulscruiser. It is not going on Fugsley, but couldn't help showing it against a Dahon frame. I plan to use this for my future salt flats sidecar build.

Photo_C5827E3A-CF8F-F532-B30C-7710FA3D6A5A.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/7 - Copper + South Park Chess Set

Picked up this 1'x2' sheet of heavy gauge copper. Don't know what I will hammer out of it, but couldn't pass it up for a buck.
Photo_129FBA09-363C-F9CE-61C1-BE119BBFE224.jpg

Also picked up the pieces from a South Park Chess set. I figured they will make awesome valve stem caps. Especially Kenny because he has a little pet RAT next to him.
Photo_B7E7617B-27E8-CDF9-6474-11FF4FCDC31C.jpg

I think the rat is not a pet, but probably eating Kenny. :wink:

Oh no, they killed Kenny, those bastiges!!

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/7 - Cranbrook and Onyx

Picked up these bikes the past few days. $20 for the Cranbrook and $5 (65) for the Onyx

Photo_384B9899-4605-AA5A-6B55-698FC5FF1ACE.jpg

onyx.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/15 - Yellow 5 Speed Schwinn StingRay

(SOLD ON RRB)
Photo_995DE372-57FF-5D1D-83C2-214EA23CAAFF.jpg

You're going to have Schwinnray69's attention with this one. As for me... meh, but I am jealous of the flip money you will be making. Can I become a silent partner? :D

One of my favorite flips was a Sept 1964 Schwinn StingRay I sold 2 years ago.
I bought an old Raleigh Twenty from a englishman that thought it belonged in a museum. I had to pay a hard fought $75 for it. A few weeks later he told me he found the chainguard for it, so I went out to his house. He had some other newer bikes that he wanted new prices for, but I saw a red bike hanging upside down in the back. We took it down and he sold it to me for $15.

Below is what it looked like when I got it home. The only thing I did was pull the electrical tape off of the seat and posted some photos and ended up selling it to a happy collector to round out his set of three different model 1964s. He paid me $500 for it.
SOLD
Stingray.jpg

Last edited:

and on the other end of the spectrum.. in 1986 I gave a buddy a NOS coppertone ramshorn fastback (complete with handlebar booklet) to hang from the ceiling in his bar because I didn't have anywhere to keep it as I was living in the dorms ...

It was given to me by my boss at the time whose son passed away just before Christmas 1968, and never got the bike... :cry:

scrumblero said:
and on the other end of the spectrum.. in 1986 I gave a buddy a NOS coppertone ramshorn fastback (complete with handlebar booklet) to hang from the ceiling in his bar because I didn't have anywhere to keep it as I was living in the dorms ...

It was given to me by my boss at the time whose son passed away just before Christmas 1968, and never got the bike... :cry:

Wow! That is a great story scrum. Very sad about the bosses son :( .
Did you ever go back to the bar to see if the bike was still around?

kingfish254 said:
scrumblero said:

Wow! That is a great story scrum. Very sad about the bosses son :( .
Did you ever go back to the bar to see if the bike was still around?

well. kinda... he called me after I graduated and told me the bar had caught fire and the bike got torched, he said most of it was melted out onto the floor and wanted to know what to do with it. I foolishly told him to trash it with everything else.. >_<

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/16 - NOS OCC Chopper Rear Tires

I picked a few of these from a semi-local bike guy that has had them sitting in his storage unit. Four of them are for sale in the For Sale section.

occbigboa.jpg

kingfish254 said:
One of my favorite flips was a Sept 1964 Schwinn StingRay I sold 2 years ago.
I bought an old Raleigh Twenty from a englishman that thought it belonged in a museum. I had to pay a hard fought $75 for it. A few weeks later he told me he found the chainguard for it, so I went out to his house. He had some other newer bikes that he wanted new prices for, but I saw a red bike hanging upside down in the back. We took it down and he sold it to me for $15.

Below is what it looked like when I got it home. The only thing I did was pull the electrical tape off of the seat and posted some photos and ended up selling it to a happy collector to round out his set of three different model 1964s. He paid me $500 for it.

Stingray.jpg
Beautiful :shock:

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 9/16 Schwinn SS Sport

Kept all of the cool parts then sold the Un-Build.
(Rims used on Flex-Liner 7 with Nexus 7 laced to them)
(Pedals used on Flexy too)
(Crank used on Firewing)
(Tires used on Firewing)
schwinnsssport.jpg

Latest posts

Back