Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Five speed hub with 24x3 Thick Bricks

EDIT: I meant to post this on my pre-BO7 Dream Board

Now that I have the creme 24x3 Thick Bricks, I think that I will end up lacing this 5 Speed SA Hub to the 24" front rim of an OCC.
I need to set this hub and shifter up in a rig to see if there is any way that I can make one of my NOS Muscle bike shifters work for it.
(SOLD Hub)

DSCI0413.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Five speed hub with 24x3 Thick Bricks

You must have a ton of those 24" front wheels floating around like I do. I haven't decided yet if I will run the 24" OCC on the front of my build-off WCC yet or not. I currently have that wheel on the front and it looks really good, better than the OCC ever did, heck the WCC is just a better bike all around.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/14 Scroll saw, Sander, Mudflap Girls

Not necessarily bike related, but picked up this scroll saw, sanding station, and mudflap girls for only $40.
(SOLD Scrollsaw))

WP_001402.jpg

WP_001399.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/14 Scroll saw, Sander, Mudflap Girls

I wasn't sure if I would ever use the scroll saw, but I couldn't pass up the price. After googling around a bit, it looks like I can do some pretty cool stuff with it. Fast forward on the video below to the fininshed project in metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04b4-Fi6oo0

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/16 Big Four Bike Score

Just before lunch, I saw an CL ad pop up for 3 old bikes. Ended up being 4 bikes. Great way to fill my bike appetite.
Check 'em out

Western Flyer MAG
(SOLD)
5Ia5Na5K53Fb3M83o6c4g218e168c403f1445.jpg

WP_001406.jpg

JC Penney Swinger muscle bike
(SOLD)
5L25G65K53K63G23J6c4g3de0325fa98d19f4.jpg

WP_001405.jpg

Schwinn Pixie
(PARTED OUT and gave away frame to Dracothered for BO8)
5I95H65M43Kd3I33Nec4g74d2df68b71d199e.jpg

WP_001407.jpg

And they threw in the ladies Hawthorne (it has teh wheels and handlebars too).
WP_001404.jpg

Last edited:

yoothgeye said:
I like that BMX!

There is one like it, but with spoke wheels on ebay for $400. A set of Lester mags like these just sold on ebay for $178.
I paid $10 for the bike. :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
I like that BMX!

There is one like it, but with spoke wheels on ebay for $400. A set of Lester mags like these just sold on ebay for $178.
I paid $10 for the bike. :mrgreen:

Cleaned up and nice, the Western Flyer is probably worth more than the other three bikes combined. As said in your other thread, a red Invader 3 was bid up to $350 on eBay last week, reserve not met. The guy now put it up for $400 BIN; what a dummy.

Thanks for the insight Partsguy!!
I may have to wait until after BO7 to have time to clean it up for ebay.
Oh well, it's a better investment than my 401k.

Great finds B!! Ya know I'd rock that Swinger! That seat is sweet. Let me know if ya part it or keep ya :shock: peeled for one for me. Have a good trip and I'll see ya at the starting line. Peace

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/16 Ben Franklin!!!!!

Check out what I found underneath the top tube cover!!!!!!
I am used to making money off of bikes, but not finding money on them.

WP_001414-Copy.jpg

WP_001423-Copy.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/16 Big Four Bike Score + $100

outskirtscustoms said:
Read the part there "This note is not legal tender....."

It's also about 8" long by 3" wide. But it was still a cool find hidden away for the past 30 years!!

Jake Sensi said:
Great finds B!! Ya know I'd rock that Swinger! That seat is sweet. Let me know if ya part it or keep ya :shock: peeled for one for me. Have a good trip and I'll see ya at the starting line. Peace

Thanks Jake. You know I can't give up that nanner! Too hard to come by around here.

Was that some sort of promotional bill (anything on other side) or was it just play money?

yoothgeye said:
Was that some sort of promotional bill (anything on other side) or was it just play money?

It describes different US currency on the other side. No bike promo stuff. Just a cool item some kid stuck in his bike 30 years ago.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

It describes different US currency on the other side. No bike promo stuff. Just a cool item some kid stuck in his bike 30 years ago.

Tell the truth though, you got excited when you first uncovered it right?

Latest posts

Back