Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 2/18 4 more bikes and Big Apples

Something may have found me :D

A gentleman emailed me yesterday evening and said he had an old Schwinn that he had as a kid in 1966. The bike has been with him his whole life. It's a red, 3 speed, Corvette apparently. If I told you how much he wants for it, you'd probably shoot me...

I see the name on the bike now, I thought the Hot Rock was just the name they put on kid's bikes... oh well, you live, you learn.

lildietz said:
Something may have found me :D

A gentleman emailed me yesterday evening and said he had an old Schwinn that he had as a kid in 1966. The bike has been with him his whole life. It's a red, 3 speed, Corvette apparently. If I told you how much he wants for it, you'd probably shoot me...

Many times people just get to a point that they want to unload stuff. It is your duty to bring their unwanted goods back into the market where they are appreciated. :p

yoothgeye said:
I see the name on the bike now, I thought the Hot Rock was just the name they put on kid's bikes... oh well, you live, you learn.

Me too, but apparently they used it for a full size bike for at least one year. This bike is in great shape!!! He had two other wally world bikes for $20 each. It was strange, because the guy was selling a lot of gaming stuff and cameras from an ebay biz he had going on. You would think he would get a feel for value on something before he sold it. But he obviously knew nothing about bikes. Somehow his curved mountain bike bar was curved forward rather than backwards. Silly Rabbit!

Three days later I sold the HotRock for $250. 8)

Filling out my 1099 now.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 2/25 Seltzer Bottle Bike Tank??!!

Tank gave me a heads up on the Tybee Island wide yard sale. Found some cool stuff.

Cool pedicab clothes rack (wasn't for sale)
WP_001160.jpg

Nice chrome and red seltzer bottle. I think I can cut this and make a very cool bike tank.
USED PART OF THIS FOR LIGHT ON SaltHammer
WP_001170.jpg

Cool pannier clip bike shopping caddy for only $3.
(SOLD)
WP_001171.jpg

WP_001172.jpg

Cool old Samsonite suitcase for my wife's Dahon (with key)
WP_001173.jpg

WP_001174.jpg

And this Bass Ale Neon Sign for my shop for only $10.
WP_001163.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 4/25 Baby OCC

Picked this baby OCC up for $5.
Not sure what I will do with it. If I can find another old school Dahon 16", I might use the fat rear on it. Who knows.

WP_001161.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 4/25 Seltzer Bottle Bike Tank + Baby OCC

its nice to know that there is someone out there who has the it worse than
me... ha ha... I just dont feel right unless I am dragging something home

Cool finds recently. I got one of those baby OCCs on trash pick up day back in the summer. I just recently started looking for another one. A guy in town has one a trailer with some junk beside his house, I almost went and asked him about it, but then the following day a church member brought me 5 bikes and one of them was another baby OCC. haha Score! So then the day after I took the fork from my first baby OCC and gave it to a fellow RRBer along with the fork from a fullsize OCC. The baby OCC fork is supposed to hold a 26" wheel.

As I was giving trash bike parts to a scrap guy I saw driving by on Thursday I noticed a galvanized 5 gallon container in his truck, I asked him about it and he had just found it in someone's trash, since I gave him some scrap he said I could have it. It's an old 5 gallon Igloo water cooler, as seen on eBay for $100. It's a cool piece.

@Henry - IT is a fun addiction to have. Especially with the some of the "junk" items I have been $$elling lately.

@yooth - A low end bike guy has been trying to sell one of these for $50 for a few months now. If you have a pair of the rear wheels, I was thinking they would look cool on a trailer. You could get an old school rectangular cooler and make a sweet beach trailer out of it for Sand Rover. I know the type of Igloo water cooler you're talking about. Post it on ebay and let it help pay for your hobby.

Last years RRB bike was BEER RUN. Maybe this year I will use the Seltzer tank on HAPPY HOUR. :p

UPDATE: I took off the hardware and rubber from the vintage wooded Cypress Gardens water skis that I bought for Banana seats . Wire wheeled all of the metal and posted it all on ebay. The current bid is more than twice what I paid for all three skis that I bought. :mrgreen:

Just doing my part to recycle and be green (as in dead presidents green). :mrgreen:

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/3 Pith Helmut Park Tools

Picked up these today for $1 total. Pedal wrench, park tools chain cleaner, and wheel skewer.

I already used the chain scrubber on a Trek that I am flipping. It worked very good with no mess. Of course I didn't use any "special" Park cleaning fluid. I just put a little mean green degreaser in there. Then I lubed it after it dried. Pretty cool for 33 cents.

(SOLD chain cleaner)
WP_001182.jpg

And this cool pith helmet to use as a bike helmut at the art bike ride tomorrow.
(SOLD)
WP_001183.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/8 Murray Meteor Flite

Just after I sold one of my modern flip bieks for 600% profit, I went down the road and picked up this cool pre yard sale purchase. Early 60s Murray Meteor Flite
(Rear seat stays and dropouts used for Flexy's TwinFlex rear)

WP_001196.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/11 Felt Thick Bricks

My Felt Thick Brick 24x3 tires came in

WP_001205.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/11 Schwinn SS Sport Parts

Here are the parts that were my profit after the un-build and sale of the Schwinn SS Sport.
Red Typhoon Cord tires on black wheelset (Wheels used on Flexy - Tires used on Firewing)
Retro blad fork with truss rods
Retro seat
Retro mag chainring
Semi dogleg crank (USED on Firewing)
Cool chainguard (SOLD)
Red Grips
Nice looking stem
Cruiser bars
Cool bow pedals (USED on Flexy)

WP_001215.jpg

WP_001214.jpg

WP_001216.jpg

WP_001217.jpg

WP_001218.jpg

WP_001219.jpg

WP_001220.jpg

WP_001221.jpg

WP_001222.jpg

WP_001223.jpg

WP_001231.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/11 side car parts??

The guy that I sold the Dahon to told me about this child stroller in the lane after I told him about RRB.
It has a neat folding seat section that may find its way into my sidecar build.
Also I really like the from fork and headset. Have no idea what I will use it on, but it's cool

WP_001203.jpg

WP_001202.jpg

WP_001204.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/11 SS Sport parts and Thick Brick 24x3

Cool stroller! I've used them to make trailers for my bikes back before i had a car. knowing what i know now, i probably could've built them more stable. it sucks spilling your stuff across the road after a too-sharp turn.

Latest posts

Back