RRBBO13 King Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! Two weeks and I'm still waiting for my fenders! This will be the last time I order from this guy!

Ok my fenders have finally shipped. I should get them in a couple of days. Then I can mock them up and see how I need to modify them. I can also check tire clearances and order the rest of my parts! :thumbsup:

Fenders came.in today and boy are.they wide!
15265187859691089643126.jpg

They won't fit inside the frame so I'm going to try and massage them and try and squeeze them together to get the rear fender in place. Then I will mark where I want to cut it to give it the chopped fender look like the Stingrays have. The front fender in this set just simply won't work with these forks, so Im still on the hunt for a 24" front fender. ( if anyone has one ) :whistle:

They won't fit inside the frame so I'm going to try and massage them and try and squeeze them together to get the rear fender in place. Then I will mark where I want to cut it to give it the chopped fender look like the Stingrays have. The front fender in this set just simply won't work with these forks, so Im still on the hunt for a 24" front fender. ( if anyone has one ) :whistle:

I seem to remember @The Renaissance Man having a good example of how to make a fender crimp to allow them to fit better inside of seatstays and forks.

I seem to remember @The Renaissance Man having a good example of how to make a fender crimp to allow them to fit better inside of seatstays and forks.
You may be thinking about the Decoluxe front fender. Not sure how well it would work on a chrome fender. I was able to finish smoothing it out with body work and paint. Here's a link.

Thanks for the tips, Kingfish and Reniassance Man!
Just in case anyone has the idea that all they have to do to make a wide fender fit inbetween their seat stays is to squeeze it a little...DON'T! It ain't going to work. The radious of the fender will change damatically! ( wish I had taken a picture to post! LOL!) Luckly, I didn't kink the fender so I was able to pull it back out to it's original width and all is still well. Now Im going to try The Reniassance Man's way of "denting" the fender in a controlled manner in hopes of fitting it inbetween the stays...I will be practicing on a junk fender first!

Welcome to to thread Crash! Great looking "Monster Ray"! I'm digging those custom decals. I'm planning to get a local guy here to make me some that reads "King Ray" . If you don't mind me asking, what is that rear fender from? It looks perfect!

Thanks guys! I followed the ebay link. They seem to be exactly what I am looking for, so I went ahead and bought them. I have an idea for a future build that I can use these 3" fenders on.

Chad, thats a cool bike! Love that striped seat!:thumbsup:

I have FENDERS!!! YEAH!! The fenders came in yesterday and I slid them in over the tires. They are just what I wanted! Keep in mind that they aren't bolted on and the 2.125 tires will be swapped out with a set of 1.75ers. I think the only other thing to mock up is kick stand. I have one from a 26" frame that needs to be shortened to fit the 24" frame.

Thanks guys! I followed the ebay link. They seem to be exactly what I am looking for, so I went ahead and bought them. I have an idea for a future build that I can use these 3" fenders on.

Chad, thats a cool bike! Love that striped seat!:thumbsup:
Chad will be too modest to respond, so I will. That's a custom saddle from Chad's 'Fit to a T' saddle shop. Yeah, does more than just polish...:bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back