Kind of chopper frame...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New frame in my little goodie cave. I hope to finish it before end of build off..
I like the look of an old classic motorboats so I will try to print that look onto this bike. well kind of...

70026_75fea21bfe3dec5f734be0ae5ebf7ebb.jpg

70026_75fea21bfe3dec5f734be0ae5ebf7ebb.jpg

index.php

Last edited:
Looks like you're having trouble with the images, so this might help... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80241/

Glen.

I tried to do it from my phone... but PC is better for that kind of stuff. thanks

Anyway.. Plan for bike is: brown high gloss color, wide (10cm) wood mudguards in dark brown polished to high gloss. 3" tyres - as on the left side of the picture. I'm not sure about forks - I have those big chopper forks (on the picture just behind frame) but I'm not sure, they look too heavy for this project. High gloss wood and leather - thats the plan.

b2e8171a6a66a527c2142929f327e804--dream-garage-rail.jpg

Last edited:
Plan is good... reality is not so. I didnt even start yet..
but I have paint and couple more ideas about bike...
(not sure yet if more ideas is good or bad sign...)

One of the good things is that the 3" tyres I have (Kenda kraze 26x3.0) fits perfectly on those three spoke wheels seen on the picture in the background. I think I'll either use those (painted brown) - then bike will have 6 or 7 speed dérailleur on the back or I'll use 3 speed internal hub wheel with "normal" spokes and safe those wheels to build klunker bike later on. What you think?

Last edited:
Plan is good... reality is not so. I didnt even start yet..
but I have paint and couple more ideas about bike...
(not sure yet if more ideas is good or bad sign...)

One of the good things is that the 3" tyres I have (Kenda kraze 26x3.0) fits perfectly on those three spoke wheels seen on the picture in the background. I think I'll either use those (painted brown) - then bike will have 6 or 7 speed dérailleur on the back or I'll use 3 speed internal hub wheel with "normal" spokes and safe those wheels to build klunker bike later on. What you think?
I'd go for planetary hub, i always prefer inner gearing against derailleur.

Cool frame, what is it? Looks like 990 seat stay mount brakes...maybe v brake mounts cant tell. Euro bottom bracket. The extended seat stays, past dropout, are interesting - would make a great banana seat mount location.

Any more work done?

I'm affraid I got stuck with no time to spare... in the worst case I'll have to leave it for summer (family going away for a month - home alone with plenty of time)

Latest posts

Back