Killafornia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol im always the devils advocate...i say with out the chain guard for sure!!! looks 1000% better with out it....this is a cool all business looking bike and looks a bit wussy with the chain guard.......

LESS IS MORE!

Brett

well... thank you all for your input. if i redo the pin striping on the guard and maybe add a decal to it i might like it better (and i gotta make it not rub on the chain).also, i still got some ideas for lights that im workin on which will change the look a bit. ...and just wait till you see the seat im gonna use!! thanks again!

Here is the seat i am using, mens prewar long spring. i restored it a couple years ago and never found the right bike, but it's perfect for this bike. i mounted it straight to the seat tube to keep it low. the only problem is that it bottoms out when riding... oh well, looks cool!!
100_1068.jpg

100_1074.jpg

I've been workin on the lights. i made a reproduction battery tube to power my front headlight. original battery tubes are hard to come by and can be pretty pricey. i used a piece of alum. tube from a pool cleaning pole, rigged the guts, and wired it together and what do u know... IT WORKS! the light is a Delta 3" sealed beam.
100_1077.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1087.jpg

For the tail light, i used a Delta rocket light. i shaved the fins off and painted it. takes 1 D battery to power...
100_1090.jpg

the bike is just about done. a few more little things todo. should have final pics soon!

"2manybikes" thanks, yes i did fab my own brackets. i used 1/2" wide brass strips from craft store. i used the tube and the frame to form the curves. they didnt turn out as well as i hoped. i cant get them to fit real snug around the tube. would prob work better if i used thicker material and a some kind of press to bend it. oh well it works.

Well i originally had the gold stripping, but it looked like crap, so i took it off. i think it still loooks allright without it, but it would look better with it if is was done nicely...

Latest posts

Back