Killafornia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels are done!!! 26" rear with balloon tire, front is a 24" with a lower profile tire, looks pretty cool. black rims, black spokes, black hubs, and brass nipples. good contrast, hard to tell in pics.
PICT1549.jpg

PICT1547.jpg

PICT1548.jpg

PICT1543.jpg

With them rims.. I think it might look better painted, Replicate the original paint with rim colors.

you need some speed holes in that brake lever!!! that'd loooooook sweeeeeeet!!! Ol skool speed holes!

Seed holes would be nice... too bad i dont have a water jet to cut em out. i dont even have a drill press, :oops:
Ive been working on stripping the paint on the frame a getting ready to paint. my inspiration for the paint is a newer style hot rod theme. flat paint on the body and super metal flake on the roof. i have not been able to find any good pics of this, but im sure you've seen a car like this. they are pretty popular here in so cal.. i'll keep u posted! later

you dont need a drill press either....... just something to clamp to,a block of wood. and a drill and some hole saws(you can get those from harbor freight if you want cheapies).

Glad u decided to strip and repaint, Will look awesome!!!

Got the base coat done.... satin army green color "Oregano". i am gona 2-tone with a little darker green on the head tube.
PICT1586.jpg

PICT1588.jpg

PICT1591.jpg

i masked off a design on the frame and painted it. used a little darker green then sprayed it with gold glitter. 3 coats glitter and 3 coats clear. it looks amazing in the sun. ill have more pics when the pain job is done.
100_1018.jpg

100_1011.jpg

100_1026.jpg

Latest posts

Back